six | that dude, there. i need his prosthetic leg.

"If we're gonna get out of here, we're gonna need to get into that watchtower."

After a whole lot of squabbling and a mess involving teaching a vengeful purple-skinned man what the slitting-throat gesture meant, the raccoon had finally decided to hatch an escape plan.

Or, not a raccoon. So says he.

But when the guy says he has a plan to get out of this wretched box of a prison, Rowan and Peter definitely couldn't say no.

Any plan is still a plan right?

"And to do that I'm gonna need a few things." Rocket continued, "The guards wear security bands to control their ins and outs. I need one."

"Leave it to me." Gamora stands straighter, accepting her task and role in this plan. But her eyebrows are furrowed, "How am I supposed to do that again?"

She could clearly see that all the men were armed.

"Well, supposably, these bald-bodies find you attractive." Rocket said, "So, maybe you can work out some sort of trade."

Peter blew a low whistle.

"You must be joking."

"What kind of trade you talking 'bout again, Rock?"

"First, please don't call me Rock, lady. I ain't no dead pebble." Rowan snorted, having a feeling that this nickname was beginning to stick.

Then, Rocket turned back to Gamora, "Secondly, no, I wasn't kidding. I really heard they find you attractive.

Gamora rolled her eyes, before stalking off to engage in some 'trade'.

As a prisoner with a prosthetic leg walks by them, Rocket points at him.

"That dude, there. I need his prosthetic leg."

"What?" Rowan choked out. There was no way he needed a prosthetic leg, and she wasn't about to go and retrieve it.

"You sure about that leg?" Rowan whipped her head in her friend's direction, sensing from his tone that he was actually going to retrieve the damn leg.

"Yeah. God knows I don't need the rest of him. Look at him, he's useless."

"Alrighty then," Peter shakes his head, then walks off, mumbling frustratedly to himself.

"He kidding here?" Rowan turned to look at Groot, somewhat exasperatedly. She motioned to the raccoon tapping on some device.

And as usual, all the humanoid tree could say was, "I am Groot."

Rowan sighed, patting Groot's firm chest, "Thanks bud, that helped a lot."

"I am Groot?"

"He's asking whether you understood what he told you."

"Nope, it went in and out." Then she pursed her lips, asking, "How can you understand him?"

"Ah, that I sort of picked up along the way, and...I have no way of explaining how." Rocket shrugs.

"Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious from the only three words Groot can say."

"I am Groot." There you go.

"He says that you'll learn." Rocket looks up at Rowan, and surprisingly, with a genuine smile.

"I hope." She smiled back.

Rocket looks around for awhile, then he points at something on the wall. "See there, on the wall back there is a black panel. Blinky yellow light. Do you see it?"