Chapter 1

The Letter

I was heading to the backyard before I was attack by my little sister. "Ashley stop what the hell, why did you jump on me like that," I said scared.

"Sorry Rose, I was just excited," my little sister said.

"Hmmm ok, so what made you so excited that you had to jump on me like that!"

"Rose guess what came in the mail and it's for you," she said excitedly.

I looked at Ashley, wondering what she has behind her back that made her this excited. "Ashley what is?"

"You see Rose, I said guess what now you have to guess to find out," she said with a smirk!

For a little girl, she sure is a pain in the ass. "Is it a book?" I asked her. She looked at me like I was the stupidest person in the world. "Why are you looking at me like that, you said guess and I gave you a guess. So can you please tell what it is!" She pulled out papers from her back and handed it to me. I gave her a curious look before looking at the papers. I turned to look at her. "No Ashley, I'm not entering it." She gave me a smirk.

"Ummm Rose, if you have been paying attention this past year they changed the rules. You have no choice," she said full of joy.

"How could you be so happy that your sister is being forced into competition!! You should be sad that their taking me away!!!"

"Its ok sis. Your gonna meet Prince Mason. Rose your meeting the prince. Your so lucky I wish I was 18!"

"Ok then if I don't have a choice, then why did they send papers," I told her.

"They sent papers for you to read all the rules and how the competition is going to work. They name all the stages, and what it is you have to do. The first one is beauty, and I know your gonna pass the first one, because your the most prettiest girl in the whole world."

That warmed my heart when she said that. "Thank you."

"No problem, I was just saying the truth," Ashley said.

"You're being really nice, and it's scaring me a little!"

"Well it's cause you're about to leave, and I only have a week with you, so why not be less crazy and nice for a change," she said giggling.

"Well alright then since you want to be nice, do me a favor and don't go digging in my room, and try to read my diary!"

"Alright, and it's not like you have a interesting life anyway, but it's about to get interesting when you meet Prince Mason," she said making kising noises.

I tried not to laugh at her silliness, so I grabbed the papers and headed outside to get some fresh air. I really needed it. I really don't want to be in the competition. I don't hate the royal family, but I do dislike them. Especially that royal asshole. If you don't know who it is I'm speaking of, it is Mason the prince. I mean there's gonna be a lot girls and I'm pretty sure that their way prettier than me. I probably won't even make it to stage 2, so it doesn't really matter. My life style and the royal families are different. We can never be together, I told myself. I think I stayed outside for about an hour. Wow time sure goes by fast.