Chapter 2

Stage 1 Part 1

I was too busy staring at the palace. That I didn't even notice that the other girls had arrived. The palace has the same design as the mall, I went to. But in each gold rose there was a diamond in it. The color of the house is beautiful, white and gold goes so well together. There were three carpets; one was red which is the middle one, and the other one on the right is purple, and the one on the left is blue. Only the royal family can walk on the red carpet, and the wealthy people walk on the purple carpet. The middle class walks on the blue carpet, and the poor walk on cement. The carpets are about five feet apart, and two feet away from the carpets are colored roses; red, purple, and blue. I'd never seen grass this green before, is has to be fake I told myself. Everything I see, the palace, the grass, the roses, the diamonds, even the trees are fake. It's like I'm dreaming and none of this is real. As I was about to turn around and tell the guard to open the gate, someone already opened it from the other side. The guard turned towards us and told us to follow him. We followed him all the way into the house. As soon as we walked in, the girls gasp at the sight of the house. The walls were red and white. There were paintings of the royal family. The ceiling was so high you literally had to bend your neck all the way back. There were 8 chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. They hanged beautifully in rows going down the hall. A man in a suit came out of nowhere interrupted us pointing to the room on the left side telling us to go in. We went inside the room there was 3 ladies and 4 guys. One of the ladies came up to us explaining what's going to happen.

"Now ladies, Stage One begins now. Don't get too excited, by the beginning of tomorrow morning 36 of you will be eliminated. We will be taking your pictures today, and they be sent to your majesty, and by tomorrow morning you will find out if you're staying or leaving. I know you guys are wondering where your majesty is, but he will not join us today or tomorrow. You guys will be seeing him when Stage 2 starts. Now ladies, I want to make something clear here. I don't want any of you calling Prince Mason by his first name, and if you do, you will be punished for disrespect toward the royal family. Got it!!" the lady yelled at us.

She continued explaining the rules to us. After that, she told us to go wait in line to get our pictures taken. I went all the way to the back of the line. I didn't really like getting my picture taken. I really wanted to go back home. I missed my mom, dad, and my little sister so much. I couldn't help but listen in to the conversation the girls had. Well, it's not like they were whispering. Everybody in the room could hear them. They were talking about Mason, and how cute he is, and one girl said imagine how it would be to kiss him. The girls giggled, and some of the were even blushing. I think one of the girls seen me staring at them, so she came up to me.

"Hello, my name is Delilah.What's your name?"

"Oh, hi my name is Rose."

"That's a pretty name."

"Thank you, so is your's."

"Thank you! So are you nervous about the elimination tomorrow?"

"Not that much. Why are you?"

"Of course. I'm so nervous and worried that I think I might throw up!"

"Don't be I'm pretty sure you'll get in."

"Thanks! So what do you think of the Prince?"

"Well, honestly, I don't even know what he looks like! The last time I have seen him was on the news, when his parents threw him a party for his 16th birthday.

"Oh my god since then you haven't seen him, not even a picture!!!" she said surprised.

"Nope, not even a picture," I told her.