Prologue

"Stormsky got the sickness nine suns ago," stated the ginger tom. "He was the last one, but it hasn't spread to any other members of the pack."

"What are you implying Suntail?" asked the brown and black she-fox. "That the sickness is targeting the leaders only?"

"That's nonsense Tawny," said the black wolf. "That would mean it's a curse, not a sickness. But don't forget that Cedarsky was the first to catch it and it still hasn't spread."

The fox, wolf, and cat were all quiet for a few moments. Everyone in deep thought.

"Actually, Black," started Suntail, breaking the silence. "Tawny is right. I do believe that this sickness, or curse as you put it, is indeed targeting the leaders. Probably the calico tree directly," Tawny stuck her tongue out at Black, while Black glared at her. Suntail gave a threatening growl before continuing. "The whole time Shapeclaw and Shapetail were here, nothing happened. But, of course, they get killed and two moons later, the leaders get sick, or cursed."

"Suntail," Tawny warned. "Only a few more moon movements before the sun is up. Let's wrap up."

Black nodded in agreement before saying, "Yeah, I should probably get back to Mist." He glared at Tawny before padding away toward Shadowpack territory.

"I should get back too," mentioned Tawny. "Back to Snow, you know."

Suntail nodded in agreement and turned to head to Sunpack when Tawny asked, "Have you told the pups yet?"

Suntail shook his head, "They are almost two moons old. I don't believe we will tell them until they are in-trainings or so. And thanks again for keeping this secret Tawny."

Tawny just nodded in understanding. She turned and padded off towards Valleypack. After she was out of view, Suntail headed to Sunpack deep in thought. He thought about the pups, the sickness/curse, Stormsky, and everything else wrong at the moment. On Suntail's way back, he saw the calico tree and briefly noted that it had a different feeling about it than normal.