42

"Let's play confessions. Someone asks you a question and answer in detail, and if you don't want to admit to something. You take a shot of a drink of their choice." Normani suggested. Everyone agreed. "I'll start. Dinah, have you ever got in a fight?" "Yes." Dinah admitted. "There was this boyfriend my sister had and he dumped her on Valentine's Day." "When was this?" "I don't know, last year maybe." "How is he now?" Dinah shrugged. "Last I heard he was in a coma." "Dinah!" Lauren gasped. "Savage." Normani chuckled. "That's my girl." Camila nudged her. "Okay, Normani." "Go Mila." "Tell us something you regret." "Hmmm, I mean I've always been a good girl-" "You have not!" Ally objected. "Okay so I've had my moments. Let's see..I regret..not agreeing to competing in a dancing show." "I never knew about this. What show?" "I don't even remember." Normani shrugged. "Okay, Ally." Dinah said as she finished a sip of her drink. "Shoot." "What do you want most in the world?" "To be taller." Ally pouted. Everyone else laughed at her answer. "Classic, okay Lauren, your go." Ally said and Lauren nodded. "Got a criminal record?" Lauren looked away awkwardly and picked up her shot glass. "What drink?" "Oh my god!" Camila laughed. "Uh, Vodka. Cause that's a big one." Dinah poured the shot and smirked as Lauren downed it. "I want info back at the flat." Lauren looked over at the girl. "Get me hella fucked and I'll consider it." "Mission accepted." "Camz, your turn." "M'kay." "What's the worst thing that's ever happened to you?" Camila sighed. "I had a miscarriage." "What?!" Everyone chorused. "Shawn, my ex, he got me pregnant. We used protection, but it broke. He did the classic boy thing and dodged the bullet when I told him." "Were you gonna have it?" Normani asked curiously. "Yeah, I mean it's an innocent life." "And what happened?" Lauren asked gently. "I woke up in the middle of the night in total agony, there was blood on the sheets. I told my Mom, and yes, she knew, I told her first. I tell her everything. She took me to the hospital and they told me I'd lost the baby." "I'm so sorry Chancho." Dinah pulled the girl into a hug. "Don't worry about it." Camila sniffed, wiping her cheeks from the few tears that escaped her eyes. "I'm sorry Camila, if I knew that I'd never had asked." Lauren apologised. "Don't worry about it Lo, really. Who's turn is it?" "We're back to Dinah." Ally said. "Have you ever stolen something?" "No." "Mani. Who was your first kiss?" "His name was Arin, I met him at a party." "Did you guys get together?" Lauren asked stiffly. Normani smirked at her reaction. "No babe. It was just a drunken kiss. I haven't seen him since." Lauren seemed satisfied. "Ally?" "Who's your oldest friend and how did you meet them?" Ally pointed to Normani and smiled. "Mani, we met at preschool and have been best friends ever since." Normani giggled and pulled the girl into a hug. "I love you." "I love you too." "Lauren." "Give her one she'll answer this time." Dinah said. "Okay, first time you got drunk?" "Uh, I think I was 12." "You were that young?" Ally gasped. "I didn't drink till I was 16!" "That's a bit early for you isn't it Ally?" Dinah teased. "Shut up Dinah." "So my parents were arguing, like really bad arguing. There was stuff being thrown and yelling, it was just bad. I'd seen people on TV drinking and I saw how much better they felt. I knew where the alcohol was and I took it. They didn't even notice that I was creeping past and going to my room." Lauren scoffed. "So what was it?" Ally asked. "Vodka." "Dang." Camila muttered. "How bad did you get drunk?" "Wasted." "Ally, have you ever been in love?" "I thought I was, but then I realised I was in such a manipulative relationship with my boyfriend it wasn't really love." "That sucks." Camila pouted. "Camila." "Ally." Camila smirked. "What's your oldest most significant memory?" "Moving here from Cuba." "I know it's my turn but I'm jet lagged. Lauren can we leave?" "Sure Dinah. I'm tired too." Normani pouted. "Don't go." Lauren gave her a small smile. "I'll see you soon mama." "Aw, they're so cute." Camila pouted. Normani shot the girl a glare and Camila quickly looked away, intimidated. "Lo come on!" Dinah yelled from the front door. "Can I see you tomorrow?" "I have classes." "The day after?" "I'll try, work is just getting on top of me right now." "You don't wanna see me do you?" Normani sighed. "No baby I do. It's just hectic right now. I gotta go, I'll text you tomorrow." Lauren pecked her lips and hugged Camila and Ally. "Bye guys." "Bye Laur." "Bye Lauren." Lauren left with Dinah and went back to the flat. "I should get off too, Muffin will want his dinner. I'm already late for giving it to him." Ally stood up. "Okay." Normani stared at the floor silently. "Come on Mani, Lauren's just busy. Plus you live with me now. You can see her often like I do." "I guess." "Now let's go up to bed." "Bye guys, see you later." "Bye Ally." "Night Ally." Normani and Camila went upstairs and sat on the bed. "I just really like Lauren." "Yeah and she likes you too Mani. Anyone can tell that. Everyone gets busy sometimes." Camila reassured her. Normani's phone suddenly buzzed and she picked it up.

Lauren: night babe😘

Normani: night lo