01 | 'THE NEW KID'

____________________________

MY BASKETBALL DRIBBLED on the concrete ground as I played against Taylor, who I was losing too. It was 7:05 in a Tuesday morning, and me and Taylor usually do this every morning and after school. Malcom, Corey, Christian, Bumper, and Kadeem were all sitting in the bleachers, gazing at the small play that me and Taylor were in.

Taylor got in front and blocked me, as I dribbled on the ball. Sweat was already veiling her forehead. "What's good, preppy? Finally founded some courage to beat a girl in a ball game?" Taylor teasingly comments, trying to distract me from getting the shot.

"And you finally founded some courage talk slick like that? Especially to me?" I rejoindered her comments.

She scoffed. "Stop trying, just quit already."

"You should be telling yourself that because ─" I trailed off my sentence by making the shot, as Taylor's jaw dropped in shock as the boys reacted by cheering loudly.

"You just got your ass kicked," I say to Taylor, as she narrowed her eyes at me.

"That's the first win you have with me, the rest of the rounds that we did before, I kicked your ass," Taylor comments.

"You're just saying that because you're mad at the fact that i beat you in the game," I remark.

"Taylor, you are always trying to start a little argument session or something every time you don't get what you want," Kadeem interjected with a small smirk as he walked down the bleachers.

    "Shut the fuck up, I don't." Taylor replies.

     Kadeem gave a brief laugh, before replying, "You keep telling yourself that." He came up to me and gave me a dap, as Taylor tried to throw the basketball and she missed.

    "Aw, is Taylor mad that she lost?" Corey walked down the bleachers as he teased Taylor. She gave him a quick eye roll before she walked over to where her stuff was.

     I looked over to my left as everyone came down the bleachers and saw Jordan with her girlfriend, Laurence. She didn't have on her cheerleading outfit, she was wearing the basic clothes; black sweats with adidas shoes with a loose bun.

      Jordan went to Taylor, giving her a dap and a small hug. I walked up to them, and gave Laurence a hi.

    "Um, bye." Jordan chimed in with a rude remark.