prologue

disclaimer;

- contains same sex paring

- contains use of drugs & alcohol

- explicit language

- smut (???)

enjoy!

///

"I'm glad we can finally spend some alone time together," Camila said, hand interlaced with mine, "It's been a week."

I laughed, "We see each other everyday, but I know what you mean. I've missed you."

"I missed you too," Camila responded, and we stopped walking, reaching the end of the pier, where water sat below us.

I was slightly taller than Camila, so she stared up at me with a slight grin on her face. I smiled, the wind blowing strands of hair across her face. I took my free hand, my fingers brushing the strands of hair behind her ears, my thumb running smoothly over her cheek bone.

We locked eyes, her beautiful brown orbs staring into mine. I leaned down, wrapping my arms around her, and pressing my lips to hers. Camila's warm lips moved against mine in a slow and passionate kiss.

I removed my lips from hers, eyes closed as I still held her. My breath hit her lips, but then she moved so her face was buried into my neck. I sighed happily, a small smile on my face, inhaling the scent of my girlfriend.

Camila broke the hug, holding my hand again. We turned to face the front of the pier, seeing all the lights light up. We were at the city carnival, where a Ferris Wheel stood tall, and tents were perched up with lights, along with game booths. The smell of food was in the air too, such as BBQ, hotdogs, hamburgers, popcorn, and pretzels.

"Let's go play a game?" I offered, wanting to win her something.

Camila grinned and nodded excitedly, so we began walking back towards the booths.

/

She entered her new room, seeing her bed already set up, along with the dresser and nightstands. The walls weren't painted, them being plastered in white, and boxes surrounded her room, waiting to be unpacked. She took her earbuds out, pausing her music and putting them into her pocket.

She turned, facing the mirror that was on the dresser, locking eyes with herself, green eyes not moving. Her medium length hair was now a raven color, instead of being long and brown, as it was a few years back. She wore an all black attire, black shoes, black ripped jeans at the knee, a t-shirt, and her leather jacket.

"Lauren, I'm gonna go to the store and get some food! Want anything?" she heard her father call out.

"No thanks," Lauren responded, "Are Chris and Taylor going with you?"

"Just Taylor," Mike stated, and then Lauren heard the front door shut.

Lauren didn't move for a moment, inhaling, and then exhaling. Here she was, back in the town she was born in, Bridgewater. Lauren started school tomorrow, her dad enrolling her right away, and the school welcoming her back after three years, Lauren moving away right before sophomore year, moving over the summer.

"Knock knock," Chris said, leaning against the open doorway, "You okay? You seem - I don't know, nervous."

"Yeah, I'm fine," Lauren muttered, then shook her head, "I don't know - I am nervous. I haven't spoken to anyone that lives here in years, and now I'm suddenly back."

"It's not everyone though, is it?" Chris inquired, knowing his sister, "It's her, right?"

"Yeah," Lauren ran a hand through her hair, swallowing, "What if she doesn't like who I am? Who I became?"

"Lauren," Chris laughed a bit, "I doubt that'll matter. If she's still the same person we all knew beforehand, then she won't care at all. What you should be worried about is what if she completely changed?"

"Gee, thanks Chris," Lauren sarcastically said, "That sure calmed my nerves."

"Sorry," Chris laughed again, "I'll leave you alone. If you wanna talk - my room is somewhere in this house."

Lauren smiled at her brother, "Thanks, same for you."

Chris smiled at Lauren before walking away, and Lauren looked back into the mirror again.

/

I leaned next to my girlfriend's locker, waiting for her to approach. I had my bag slung over my shoulder, my eyes scanning the hallway. I spotted her, causing a grin to form over my face. She wore a dark green sweater, black jeans that made her ass look big - which I absolutely loved - and black shoes. Her hair was down and curled at the bottom.

"Good morning," she greeted me, a smile on her face as she wrapped her arms around me.

"Good morning, beautiful," I complimented her, and she giggled a bit, tightening her arms around my neck, "Let go - I wanna kiss you."

Camila let go of me, and I smiled, hands cupping her face, my thumb brushing across her bottom lip as I stared into her eyes, seeing them light up with happiness and joy. I pressed my lips to hers, closing my eyes as our lips moved against each other's.

When I kissed Camila, I felt happy, at rest, relaxed. When she was close to me, I felt warm, something in the pit of my stomach turning - in a good way, though, like butterflies. Camila was absolutely gorgeous, and I was lucky to call her my girlfriend.

Someone cleared their throat - and they sounded awfully close to Camila and me, so I pulled away, turning my head.

"Oh - crap, sorry, Mr. Johnson," I apologized, "Didn't see you there."

Camila laughed silently, and I had to bite my lip from grinning. He rolled his eyes, clearing his throat again, "Y/N, we have a new student joining us today. She used to go here, and she's transferring back. From what I understand, you guys used to know each other, and she has every class with you this semester."

"Okay?" I furrowed my eyebrows, confused on what he wanted me to do. Camila held my hand, her thumb brushing over my knuckles in a comforting way.

"So, come with me - Camila can come, if she wants, I'll write you both a note explaining why you're late to class," he stated, motioning us to follow him, "She doesn't know the senior hallway as well as you do, so I want you to show her around."

My eyebrows were still knit together, confused onto who this could be - since I used to know them. I glanced at Camila, who shrugged her shoulders. We entered the office, went through a door, and then we were in his office.

The person in the chair got up, then turned to face Camila and I. As I saw who it was, I felt my blood run cold and my heart rate picking up. I dropped Camila's hand, inhaling sharply.

"Hey, Y/N, uh, long time no seen?" she spoke up, voice raspy.

"Hey, Lauren," I said, my voice small and quiet, "Long time no seen."

///

okay, so i know i have like, a thousand other stories out right now that need to be edited and completed, but i feel like this story is gonna be a real good one that i'll enjoy a lot.

i finally got my lazy ass up and got my laptop, opened it, and started writing whatever. so, here it is, a new story. i'll try and update as much as possible too.

oh, and unlike all of my other stories, this chapter was actually edited.

-gracie