The Talent Show

(Y/N) POV

As I awoke to the sound of birds chirping I noticed something was missing. As I pulled the covers off of me I noticed that Ruby was not in bed with me. As I got out of bed I got dressed and exited the dorm trying to find her. As I went down the hall I noticed a bunch of students crowded around a sheet stapled to a board in the middle of the hall. I decided to check it out and made my way through the crowd. As I got to the front of the crowd I found Ruby and the rest of our friends.
(Y/N): "There you are Ruby. What's everyone looking at?." I said as she turned around.
Ruby: "Oh hey baby." As she gave me a quick hug. "As to what everyone is looking at just check it out for yourself." She said as I looked at the sheet. It said "Beacon Talent Show This Saturday."
(Y/N): "A talent show huh? So you gonna enter Ruby?"
Ruby: "No but I already signed you up."
I looked at her a little shocked.
(Y/N): "Why sign me up?" I questioned.
Ruby: "It's because you can sing and I want to hear more of your singing." She said getting excited. "And everyone else should hear you as well because you're so good."
(Y/N): "Ahh come on Ruby in not that good." I said embarrassed.
Ruby: "Please baby do it for me." She said giving me puppy dog eyes. She knew I couldn't say no to her eyes and I hated it but loved it at the same time.
(Y/N): "Okay fine I'll sing." I said in defeat as she gave me a quick kiss. "No come on let's go to the cafeteria for breakfast I'm starving." She nodded as we made our way past the crowd and to the cafeteria. As we entered the cafeteria we got our food and made our way to the usual spot where ours friends were already seated.
Yang:" Hey sis and (Y/N). So you guy gonna join the talent show?"
Ruby: "I'm not but (Y/N) is gonna sing."
Yang: "Wow I didn't know you could sing at all (Y/N)." She said a little shocked.
(Y/N): "Well the guitar I have isn't just for show and plus I could say no to miss puppy dog eyes over here." I said as I ruffled her hair a bit.
Blake: "So what are you gonna sing (Y/N)?"
(Y/N): "Probably something meaningful. I don't just play random songs to much. I mostly play songs that impact my life." I said as I felt Ruby latch to my arm. "Don't worry my little Rose it's not like last time this one will be happier." I finished as she looked up at me with a smile.
Weiss: "What do you mean like last time?"
(Y/N): "That's another story for another time Weiss."
Weiss: "Alright but you better tell us."
(Y/N): "I will don't worry. Anyways who here besides me is going to be in the talent show?"
As I finished Nora, Yang, Ren, and Jaune raised their hands. "Well may the best contestant win." I said as we finished up eat and headed out the cafeteria.

Timeskip Saturday Night

As I sat backstage with my guitar I was starting to get nervous. I was gonna be the opening act for the night and I was nervous as all hell. It was then that a microphone came on and Ozpin began to speak.
Ozpin: "Thank you all for being here for Beacons first ever Talent Show." He said as everyone cheered. "No without further ado please welcome to the stage our first act of the night (Y/N) (L/N)." He finished as everyone clapped and I made my way up to the microphone. As I got up to the microphone I noticed Ruby and everyone one in the front row seats.
(Y/N): "Thank you everyone. Today I'm going to be singing a song for a very special girl and that girl is my girlfriend Ruby Rose." I heard cheers and claps as I noticed Ruby go a little red in the face." This song is called Reapers and Angels." As I began to strum my guitar.

Original song: Cowboys and Angels by Dustin Lynch

"There's a want and there's a need
There's a history between
Girls like her and guys like me
Reapers and angels
I've got boots and she's got wings
I'm hell on wheels and she's heavenly
I'd die for her and she lives for me
Reapers and angels"

"We ride side by side
A cloud of dust, a ray of light
My touch is her temptation
Her kiss is my salvation
She's sweet, I'm wild, we're dangerous
Reapers and angels"

"I'm not sure why her path crossed mine
Accident or grand design
Maybe God just kinda likes
Reapers and angels"

"We ride side by side
A cloud of dust, a ray of light
My touch is her temptation
Her kiss is my salvation
She's sweet, I'm wild, we're dangerous
Reapers and angels"

"There's a want and there's a need
There's a history between
Girls like you and guys like me
Reapers and angels"

As I finished there was nothing but silence until the entire stadium erupted in cheers and applause. As everyone got up from their seats Ruby came running up on stage and tackled me in a hug. As I embraced her I noticed she was crying tears of joy. As I wiped away her tears she crashed our lips together as the crowd roared with approval. As we stopped the kiss we looked at each other in the eyes.
Ruby: "I love you (Y/N) (L/N)."
(Y/N): "And I love you Ruby Rose." I said as we made our way off stage and to our seats in the front row to enjoy the rest of the show.

Hey guys Justin here and thanks for reading again I wanna say thank you all for the support on my books I mean it's completely crazy how many views they have each. Also the link to the song used will be at the bottom of the chapter. Again I want to say thank you all of my readers and followers and I'll see you in the next chapter.

Song Link: https://youtu.be/RcHQ89UcYqk