Know Thy Enemy

(Y/N) POV

Death: "Clockwork." He said as I looked at him curiously.
(Y/N): "I'm sorry my lord but I do not know who he is."
Death: "That is alright (Y/N) he was not ment to live in your lifetime."
(Y/N): "The way you say it makes it sound like he's immortal."
Death: "To an extent he is." He said with a grave tone. "Do you know anything of this man (Y/N)?"
(Y/N): "I do not unfortunately."
Death: "Then let me tell you a story."

Flashback 300 Years

Death POV

As I claimed the souls of the deceased I wondered where he could be hiding. As I searched the house I found nothing except for metal scraps scattered about. Then out of no where I heard a screech. I was the ripped from the building and thrown into the dirt. As I stood and regained my balance I looked to the sky. I noticed in the pale moonlight the silhouette of a owl. It then dive bombed and land a couple of feet away from me.
Death: "I wondered where you were Clockwork." I said as he moved closer to me revealing his once shadowed body. It was just as I thought. He was no longer a mortal but a construct of hatred.
Clockwork: "Death old friend. It is good to see you again. Come to try and take my life again?" He chuckled as he stood waiting for my answer.
Death: "Machine or man you will still face the same fate." I said as I withdrew my scythe. I then let it extend as it grew to its full length. The silver blade glistened in the moonlight as the black handle faded with the night. We then rushed each other colliding in the middle. My scythe and his talons. As we battled sparks flew into the distance causing the sky to light up like fire. After a while I knocked him back and steadied myself.
Clockwork: "You're getting sluggish Death." He said as he extended his talon stretching it.
Death: "But I've still got enough to take you down for good." I said as he began to laugh.
Clockwork: "You have said this many a time Death but I still keep coming back. My hatred is too strong for you." He said as he rushed me and began attacking. "You took away all that I loved!!!" He said as his talons scratched my blade. "You took them away too soon!!!" He yelled as her sliced my side causing me to falter and land on my knee. "I will never die like they did." He said as he brought his talon down. But before he could finish I dash forward with all of my remain strength and slashed right through his body cutting him in half. As the two parts fell to the ground his laugh echoed from his mouth. His upper torso began to move on its own. It then started to flap its wings and lift into the air.
Clockwork: "No matter how many times you destroy this body I will always rebuild it!!!!" He shrieked with laughter.
Death: "Your day with come Clockwork. Mark my words you will die for good." I said as I point my scythe towards him as he flew higher into the air.
Clockwork: "I can't wait for that day." He said as he flew off into the distance. I wanted to end it right here but the wound he left me sapped me of my strength. I then focused and found myself back in my own dimension.

End of Flashback

(Y/N) POV

I looked at Lord Death in astonishment.
(Y/N): "My lord I didn't know you could cross over into our world."
Death: "I can but when I do only a fraction of my true power is allowed through. That is why I haven't been able to defeat him in all these years." He said with aggervation. "And thanks to my failures he is now more powerful than ever."
(Y/N): "Then how are we to defeat him my lord?" I asked a Lord Death closed his eyes and began to thing. After a while he snapped his fingers and opened his eyes.
Death: "We just have to bring him to the fight." He said which confused me.
(Y/N): "In sorry but I do not understand my lord."
Death: "We fight him here where my powers are at full."
(Y/N): "But how are we going to get him here?" I asked as my lord snapped his fingers again and a schamatic popped out of thin air.
Death: "Give this to Ozpin. It is a blueprint that will allow him to build a device that will act as a gate way between our dimension." He said as he hand it to me and I placed it in my back pocket. "For now my Disciple you must return and prepare yourself along with your friends." He said as I nodded. I then closed my eyes and concentrated. When I opened my eyes I noticed I was back in the room and I noticed Ruby fast asleep on my lap. I just smiled as I gently shook her awake.
Ruby: "Ehh five more minutes." She said groggily.
(Y/N): "Oh well I guess sleeping beauty won't get her kiss." I said as her eyes immediately shot open and she sat up. I just laughed as she started to punch my arm lightly.
Ruby: "You meany." She said as she crossed her arms and pouted. I just shook my head as I pecked her on the cheek. She instantly dropped her fake anger and grew a smile. "Okay I'm happy now." She said. We then got up and made our way to the door. I then opened it and we both left. "So did he know anything about the enemy?"
(Y/N): "I'll explain when we get to Ozpin." I said as she nodded. We then reached the elevator and went up to his office. As we opened the door I noticed Ozpin starting out the window. We then walked over to him and looked towards where he was looking. What we saw sent shivers down my spine. In front of the cracked moon floated the shadow of and owl. It stared at us never lettting its gaze falter. After a while it flew off into the night and dissapeared.
Ozpin: "Tell me (Y/N) what was that?" He asked calmly never taking his eyes off the moon.
(Y/N): "The monster I saw in my vision and to Lord Death a immortal enemy. Clockwork." I said as he then turned and walked to his desk. He then sat down and sipped from his mug. Ozpin: "Do we have a plan?" He asked as Ruby and I walked in front of his desk. I then reached into my back pocket and removed the blueprint.
(Y/N): "This is our only hope." I said as I began to explain the plan to him.

Thank you all for reading. I think I'm gonna make this about 3 or 5 more chapters longer before I end it. The main reason is because I want to keep this book simple and not to to long. I'm also stretching it as is so I'm kinda scraping the barrel. Anyways I hope to catch you in the next chapter.