1.

"I don't wanna live no mo'...sometimes I hear death knocking at my front do'."

Notorious B.I.G

BIGGY

2017

It was hot as hell. That was one of the first thoughts that came to Biggy's mind as she sat outside of the Houston airport waiting to get picked up by her father.

She wasn't even sure if the man would recognize her. It's been nine years since she had last seen her father and she wasn't sure how the reunion was going to go. In the back of her mind she was going to be happy because she has always loved and adored her father, but on the other hand she was mad as hell that he left and gave up on her.

Biggy wiped the glistening sweat on her forehead with the back of her hand. She wasn't use to this weather since she was originally a Newark native. Jersey was nothing like Houston and she wasn't sure how she was going to fit in.

When Biggy was ten, her mother's verbal and physical abuse became too much for her to take that she decided to tell her teachers about what was going on. Her grandmother Ellen decided to take her in with her and Biggy was forever grateful.

Even though they had a large family, she always felt alone. It was just her and grandma Elle. They were all each other had, until she died suddenly due to a an acute myocardial infarction a few months ago. It was one of the worst days of Phylicity's life. Her grandma was all she had and now she was alone once again.

She was taken into foster care where they got in contact with her father and he was told everything that was going on and was willingly to take her in. Honestly, she wasn't all that happy to be going with him. She just wanted to be left in that foster home until she hit eighteen.

Biggy broke from her thoughts as she noticed a black Cadillac Escalade on 26's roll up next to her. She already knew before the window rolled down that it was her father.

One thing she would always know about her father is that he loved to show off. She watched as a man who gave up on her years before walked out of the car with baggy jeans, a white tee, a pair of Lebron's, and a gold chain as he made his way towards her.

Black was nervous as hell. He wasn't ready to face the truth of what he had done in the past, but slowly but surely it was being thrown into his lap. He was happy to finally be connected with his baby girl after so many years.

"Hey baby, you ready to go?" he asked clapping his hands as he neared her, taking her suitcases from her. He may have been labeled as a bad father, but he was going to use this time to make things right.

"Yeah I'm ready." Biggy mumbled watching him put her suitcases in the trunk as she got in the passenger seat.

The tension in the car was thick. Biggy honestly wanted nothing to do with her father and Black wanted his baby girl back. "It's crazy how much you've grown." Black said speaking up and breaking the silence.

"Yup. That's what happens when so many years go by." Phylicity mumbled with her head resting on her hand as she stared out the window watching the tall buildings go by.

Black sighed at her comment, "Right now you don't understand what happened back then, but eventually you will." he told her.

Biggy rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say Black." she said.

Black was angered at the fact that she called him by his name rather than calling him dad, but he knew she was hurt and decided not to comment on it; but he wasn't going to let it be continuous.

Glancing at his daughter she hadn't changed one bit, she had on oversize basketball shorts, a large white t-shirt, and her hair were in two braids down her back.