two

tyler felt confident as he walked into school the next morning, knowing all eyes were on him as he entered the building. his high waisted jeans hugged his hips in the most flattering of ways, a crop top embroidered with the words "please touch gently" and his light layer of makeup finishing off his look. he knew he was taking a risk by breaking the dress code on his second day at the school but that thought was pushed to the side as he waltzed through the busy hallways.

he slipped into an empty desk in his first class, carelessly typing away at his phone as he waited for the first bell to ring. unfortunately (or fortunately if he was being honest), he didn't make it to the bell before he was being called down to mr. dun's office.

he put on a faux innocent demeanor as he knocked lightly on the vice principal's door, catching the yellow hue's attention as he motioned for tyler to take a seat and shut the door behind him.

"good morning, mr. dun," tyler greeted, cheeks blooming rosé as a small giggle escaped from his glossy lips.

"tyler, it's only your second day here and we're already having a talk. is that really how you want to start your year off?" mr. dun asked sternly, sending a shiver up tyler's spine. his mocha eyes were warm with concern but held a certain coldness beneath the surface as they bored into tyler's doe eyes.

"n-no, sir," tyler stuttered, gulping as he gauged the man's reaction. he wanted his innocent act to be believable and so far it seemed to be working.

"so do you know why you're in trouble?"

tyler shook his head and pretended to bite back tears that threatened to spill down his cheeks.

"hey, don't cry. i'm not mad at you, it's okay," mr. dun was quick to assure tyler and the petite brunette nodded a bit with a small sniffle. "your outfit just breaks some of the dress code rules."

"how so?" tyler asked, grabbing a tissue and delicately dabbing away his tears, careful not to smudge his makeup.

mr. dun sighed, "the biggest thing is that your shirt shows a bit too much of your torso, and although nothing on your shirt directly says anything crude, it implies certain things and isn't very school appropriate."

"i'm sorry, sir. i just felt cute in it."

"that's fine, i don't have a problem with that, but i do have a problem with the fact that it breaks the rules." mr. dun scribbled something down onto a sticky note and folded it up, sliding it into the front pocket of his dress shirt. "did you drive yourself to school this morning?"

"my mom drove me," tyler mumbled, the tip of his button nose flushing pink from sniffling so much.

"do you want to call her and ask to bring you an extra change of clothes?"

tyler nodded and pulled his phone out, dialing his mom's number. he felt embarrassed under mr. dun's gaze as he explained the situation to her, glancing up every once in a while to catch his vice principal's eyes on him.

"she said she'll be here in an hour or so," tyler whispered and kept his head hung low as he focused on his hands that were playing with the hem of his faux velvet shirt.

"you can just stay here with me until then." mr. dun stood up front his chair and walked to the keurig machine in the corner of the room, popping a k-cup into it as he put a mug underneath it. tyler took the opportunity to inspect his outfit for the day, taking in the way his built frame looked in his clothes. he was wearing black dress pants that fit his body nicely, a black button up with its sleeves rolled up to his elbows on top. the dark colors accentuated the vivid ones of his tattoo and tyler let his eyes linger on the swirling blues, greens, and oranges that surrounded the twisting roots of a tree on his forearm.

tyler finally diverted his attention to mr. dun's face as he watched him add the cream and sugar to his coffee. his tongue poked out from his teeth the slightest bit as he peeled back the lid off the creamer and poured it in, doing the same with a packet of sugar.

"is that french vanilla?" tyler spoke up, wanting to break the excruciating silence that surrounded them.

"wow, you have a good nose for coffee." mr. dun sat back down and let the steam that emanated from his cup dissipate before he took a sip.

"i've been drinking it since i was four and i can know what flavor it is just by smelling it," tyler giggled, enjoying the way the older male let his lips twitch up into a smile.

"that's a real talent you got there," he chuckled and shook his head a bit in amusement.

"what can i say," tyler shrugged, "i have plenty of talents."