-4

Anna-Marie POV:

I woke up to a slight buzz beside me, I looked around and it seemed like the kids were all still asleep.  Oh.  It was just my phone.  I answered without bothering to look at the caller ID. 

"Hello?", I asked in a groggy voice.

"Is this Rachel Eagan? We tried ringing her cell I believe, but there was no answer", the unconfirmed voice asked.

"She is not here right now. May I ask who this is?"

"94.5 Cyna radio.  Please tell her to phone us back as soon as possible.  We will text you an extension number so she can reach us", they told me.

"Okay. Thank you".

I texted Rachel with the radio stations number and the extension number they had texted me.

I decided to go back to sleep, seeing as it was Sunday and only 7 am. 

Rachel POV:

My phone buzzed beside me, breaking me out of my dreams. I opened my eyes to see it was a text.  Anna-Marie to be exact.  She texted me saying that Cyna radio had phoned and told me to phone them back as soon as possible.

"Holy crap", I whispered to myself, trying to not wake anyone else up.

Feeling anxious, I dialed the number.

'You have reached 94.5 Cyna radio. If you have an extension code, please enter it now.'

I pressed the numbers, my fingers gliding over the screen.

'2284'

"Hello?", I asked.

"Is this Rachel Eagan?", the person asked.

"Yes".

"Congrats! You have won the Demi Lovato concert tickets and the VIP meet and greet tickets! They will be sent to you in the mail!", the person answered.

"Thank you so much!",  I told them while jumping with joy. How did I get so lucky?

I hung up, then soon realized that I had just woken up everyone in the room.

My friends were crowded around me as I said the few words I had been waiting years to say.

"I'm going to Demi's concert and meet and greet!", I told them with no chill at all.

I began to fangirl, pinching myself to see if I was dreaming. Was I?   Was this even reality?  Everything was falling into place.  My dream.  Who even picked the video of me singing?  

I would be getting a cute meet and greet photo.  Never in a million years did I think that a big dream could become my reality.  I was smiling endlessly.  My friends were fangirling with me.  We were all so excited. 

Maddie's mom came up to tell us that breakfast was ready a few minutes later.  She had made pancakes with syrup and freshly sliced strawberries.  It looked delicious.  We all started to eat and soon we were all full.  I put my plate in the sink, but sadly the adventures couldn't continue because it was time for me to leave. 

We all heard a knock on the door and knew it was Anna-Marie.  I said bye to all of them, we hugged and I left.  I was sad that I had to leave them, but I knew that I would see them again.  Now the main thing on my mind was Demi's concert.  It was coming up real soon, to be exact, a few days.  I was going to write a letter to Demi.  Most people gave her a present, but knowing me, I didn't have much money.  I was going to only give her a letter, but hopefully, she would appreciate it.  I had one chance and you know what they say. 

"You only regret the chances you don't take".

I wasn't going to miss out on this chance for my idol, who has helped me with everything to maybe, possibly, just maybe, read a letter I wrote.  Who knows if she would even read it.  But it was worth a shot.  And I knew exactly what I was going to write about as well.  We reached the orphanage and I hopped out of the car, thanking Anna-Marie as she unlocked the door.  I raced up to my room a pen and piece of paper in hand.  I sat down ready to compose a letter to my hero.   

Dear Demi,

Thank you for helping me through the dark spots in my life, countless amounts of times.  You may never read this, nor know who I am.  But that concerns me the least.  I just want you to know that I am thankful for you coming into my life.  Helping me when you may not even know it through your music and tweets.  A single song lyric may not mean much to you, but it can mean everything and more to a person like me.  You see, I'm a foster kid. That means endless encounters with trouble for me.  And if you even slightly know who I am, I'm the girl who won the radio contest.  My last name isn't even Eagan.  I'm back in the orphanage with no last name.  That's just the most recent last name I've had.  Thank you for turning my frown upside down and making me feel beautiful and wanted in life.  Introducing me to my closest friends, just because of our bond over your music.  Thanks for helping me stay on the right path in life, and keeping my head above the water.

  I wanted to get you something, as a thank you for all these years of you keeping me happy.  But I'm not rich and loaded with cash. I couldn't even pay for this ticket, but enclosed is a small notebook filled with inspiring quotes, hilarious ones, and a few love ones.  Depending on your mood or what you are feeling you can look at them if you need a boost of confidence or if you need something to make you smile.  Now I know that there is still a 0.01% chance that you are reading this but for the last time, I wanted to say thank you. So, thank you for being the light that shines on me even when I'm in the dark.

Sincerely,

Rachel.

I finished writing the letter in perfect handwriting.  I plopped the letter into an envelope and addressed it to Demi, with no return address.  I would just want her to read it.  I didn't need to have her send something back.  Getting tickets to her concert was enough.  Besides, she was pretty busy and I wouldn't have wanted to bug her with the fact that she might've had to write me back.

Most of the day I spent making the notebook and some of it was spent on playing basketball.  I was pretty athletic and joined some sports in school.  The Eagan's didn't want me to have an online education, and they wanted me to go to an actual school, unlike other foster families.  While making the notebook a received a text from Taylor and Maddie, indicating they had finally seen the Sharpie on their foreheads.  They claimed I was dead meat the next time we saw each other, but we all knew that I would out prank their revenge.

A/N: I hope that you enjoyed this long chapter:)xx

New updates on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.

Remember to hit that 'lil star to vote:) There's a great chance I'll smile if you do:)

If you're feeling VERY generous, you can also comment or follow me :)

Stalk Me:

Twitter: @suggxballinger

Instagram: @suggthemonkey

Remember that you're beautiful just the way you are. Stay Strong.

xxJ