-11

Demi POV:

Today was just going to be a chill day.  Maybe Postmate something, or maybe we could cook.  Oh cooking, how lovely.  To be honest, Rachel could probably end up cooking something better than me.  Truly, everybody in the world can most likely cook better than me.  I slipped on my converse. As I said, today was going to be a chill day, so I have no need for fancy heels or stilettos.  Hopefully, on the small journey from my place to the orphanage, the paparazzi won't be in sight.

"I would have given you all of my heart

But there's someone who's torn it apart"

My car radio blared out the lyrics from 'The First Cut Is The Deepest', by Rod Stewart.

Turning the keys, the car stopped.  Rachel was waiting at the front door with Anna-Marie.

"Hey, ready to go?", I asked Rachel while saying my greetings to Anna-Marie.  

"Yea, just wait a second so I can run up and get my phone.  I almost forgot it." She replied.

"Any chance I can see her birth certificate and all the paperwork later tonight when I drop her off, you know if Rachel seemingly says yes," I suggested to Anna-Marie.

"Yes of course.  The same thing, make sure she's back by 10 pm.  By the time she's back, the paperwork will also be ready." Anna-Marie answered.

"What will be ready?", Rachel asked from the top of the stairs.

"You will be ready, ready to leave and come back home at 10", Anna-Marie covered up.

I sighed slightly, then continued to chat a bit.

Rachel and I walked to my car, she got into the passenger seat, and I got into the driver's seat.  Making our way towards my place, we decided to get a drink at Starbucks.

In the middle of ordering a cinnamon dolce latte for myself, and a vanilla bean frappuccino for Rachel, I realized that the paparazzi had found me.  A few guys were outside taking photos of us, and shoving each other trying to get into the doors.  

"Lay low Rachel, go to the washroom or something", I told her.  " I'll be there in a second. Kay?" I continued.

Rachel rushed off to the washroom while I distracted the paparazzi and the employees closed the doors.  Luckily, somehow, we and another group of people were the only ones at the Starbucks.  I went into the washroom to get Rachel.

"You okay? Sorry, I didn't want the paparazzi to see you." I told Rachel.

"I'm fine, and don't worry, I understand.  Besides, you are pretty great, other than the small defect- that the paparazzi come after you", Rachel said laughing.

"Luckily, the paparazzi just left, I heard them," I replied chuckling.

We left the Starbucks, laughing one beside the other.  Our drinks in hand, getting back into my car in one piece.

"So, adoption.  If I were to adopt you.  Would you mind?" I asked Rachel, bringing up the subject out of nowhere.

"Ummm.  I guess I would like it", she replied beaming.

"Kay then", I replied cheekily.

Rachel POV:

Demi may have just hinted at me, about adopting me.  Honestly, I would love it. 

"But you know, if I were to adopt you, you wouldn't be liking me because I'm THE Demi Lovato. Right? You would just be liking me as Demi, right?", She questioned.

" Of course Demi.  Demi as in Demi, not THE Demi Lovato.  I promise you.  Otherwise, I would be fangirling or be making you sign my phone case, or be clinging onto you for dear life.  I promise, although I am a Lovatic, and will be forever, that I think of you as Demi.  You're Demi, and the other Demi I see on television is THE Demi Lovato.  I promise", I end off my short speech.

"Now I remember why I like you.  You're a warrior and you're amazingly awesome." Demi finished.

She entered the gate code and drove into the garage.

The rest of the day was spent on the couches, watching Moana, Despicable Me, and The Lion King.  A little bit of Disney from each era.  Chilling, eating popcorn, and drinking soda.  We decided on making spaghetti and meatballs, my favourite.  Well, I made most of it actually.  Demi just sat there and shredded the cheese.  Pretty ironic huh?  The kid making the dinner, and the adult barely helping.

Demi POV:

Time flew, and we were back on the road in no time.  Rachel went up for a bit, to her room and I went with Anna-Marie to the back to see Rachel's records.

She handed me a few documents that stated Rachel's likes and interests.  And her past foster homes.

But one thing caught my eye.  Her birth certificate.

Rachel Devlynn Lovato

Born on March, 8th, 2004

Birth Parents:

Dianna Hart & Patrick Lovato.

A/N:

You just have to wait 'til the next update;)  Hope you enjoyed the update, I've been waiting to write this for ages.

Remember to vote, comment and follow if you feel generous.

New updates on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.

Stalk Me:

Twitter: @suggxballinger

Instagram: @suggthemonkey

Remember that you're beautiful just the way you are. Stay Strong.

xxJ