16 - Flowers

Damien

***

Her waiting room was covered in flowers; daisies, sunflowers, and every lily under the sun it seems. She didn't seem to be one for roses, and none of the tattoos covering her did she have a rose on her body. I sat next to her in a comfortable chair that came with the expensive room, but the room seemed like such a small price to pay.

Guilt settled into my stomach as I looked at all of her injuries, her skin paler than I remember. My heart practically broke at the sight of her, but it continued to crack as she remained unconscious. I missed her, so incredibly much.

As soon as she wakes up, I'm telling her everything. Why I forced myself to be with Courtney, the gang and all of our secrets, and how much I love her. I truly love her, and she deserves so much more than me; but for now, I want to be selfish.

I was to hold her, kiss her, be with her in every sense of the world. Take her to Italy to meet my mom, bring her to Paris and Berlin and buy her everything she every even looked at. She's my angel, my princess, and she serves to be treated as such.

Now if she could just wake up.

***
Fern

Pain is a well known feeling, although it often comes with happiness. Giving birth hurts like hell, but you get a child out of it. Tattoos hurt but you get artwork on your skin.

I just hoped this pain came with something good.

I felt such a heavy weight on my chest as well as my eyes, not letting me open them. I could hear the noises of the machines next to me, so I knew I wasn't dead. My bones ached like they hadn't moved in days, and I forced all of my energy to my fingers to twitch them.

A sharp intake of breath told me someone saw, someone was sitting next to me and holding the hand I just moved. I could tell who it was, by the buzz in the air surrounding us and the familiar smell of Italian coffee and leather.

Damien. My Damien.

My heart began to race as I tried to force myself out of whatever hold this darkness had on me, the resulting sound coming out of the machine causing him to start panicking. I could here him shouting for the doctor as I tried pushing at the black depths surrounding me, but it all ended when a sharp pain entered my arm; and I fell under.

-

I felt lighter this time, like I could actually wake up. I forced my eyelids to open, looking up to a dark room with barley any light filtering through. I pushed myself up, wincing at the ache in my arms of not moving for so long. I had no idea how long I was out, but I knew it must've been a while.

The flowers around me were slightly wintered, withering in the large vases they sat in. I smiled when I saw no roses — I loathed roses. They always reminded me of death, never love or lust like they were supposed to mean.

The room was practically filled to the brim with flowers, the overwhelming smell attacking my nose as I turned and looked around stiffly. I grinned as I saw Damien asleep on the couch, a tight white shirt clad on his torso as well as grey sweatpants. I pulled the IV out of my arm as well as shutting off the heart monitor besides me, shaking out my limbs the best I could.