Chapter Three

It's a good thing mom and I brought our sunglasses, because the shutterbugs were waiting for us just outside the gates of our property. Mom just about ran over to them with her Range Rover shoes driving so fast.

"This is why Julia wanted you to have that driver guy drive you! She hates when you drive yourself." I said. Julia was mom's assistant and manager.

"Michelle!" Mom snapped, "I am a grown woman I can drive myself!"

"Okay! Okay!" I looked out the rearview mirror and watched the black paparazzi car following us. I knew they were pretty much going to attack us when we got out of the car. I was used to it.

When we had been driving for about five minutes, mom's phone buzzed in her huge purse.

"Can you get that please, honey?" Mom said.

"Yeah." I said as I dug through her purse for the phone. My hand finally found it and I picked it up. It was Justin. "Hi! This is Michelle." Mom had made me say 'this is Michelle' whenever answer the phone since I was really little. I still do it.

"Hey, kiddo!" I can hear his smile.

"Hi! We're on our way to..." I looked at mom.

"Interview for 60 Minutes." She said quickly.

"An interview for 60 Minutes." I repeated into the phone.

"Gotcha. I'm on lunch break. Can I talk to mom?" Justin asked. I love howhe called my mom mom whenever I was around. It made me feel like I had to real married parents.

"Yeah. Here she is." I handed the phone to my mom as she drove. She balanced the phone between her head and her shoulder.

"Hey babe...yeah we're driving... Friday? Really? A day early?" Mom sounded suprised.

"Is coming home early?" I interrupted. Mom shushed me and continued to talk.

"Okay... I love you too. Bye." she said she hung up the phone and handed it to me to put away.

"So," I said "He's coming home on Friday?" Mom pulled into a parking lot of a TV studio.  

"Yeah."

"Hey! You guys should go on a date or something!"

"Let's do something as a family when he gets home, honey. We go on enough dates." She smiled, probably thinking about all the dates they'd been on over the years. The car was parked and the paparazzi was already there. Guys were were swarming the car.

"Shit. I didn't know there'd be so many of them..." Mom's hand clutched her keys.

"Let's just walk fast and be careful like always." I tried to calm her down.

"I should have called Mike to drive us. He couldn've escorted us inside and..." She trailed off.

"I didn't think there would be this many either." I looked at mom. She had her eyes closed.

"Okay, when I get out start walking to that door. We're meeting someone inside so hopefully they'll help us out." She was deep in thought. "Just run around to the other side of the car and we'll walk in together."

"Ready... go!" I yelled. We both opened our doors.There were five guys on my side of the car. They immediatly started clicking away at their cameras and I thanked  God for my glasses because the flashes were crazy bright. 

They knew they legally couldn't touch me, so thankfully they didn't. But, they were blocking my way around the car. "Excuse me." I said, making my way through them like always,

"Michelle! When is your mom getting married? When are you going to do an interview? Why don't you talk to your dad anymore? Did Brad cheat on your mom when they were married?" They shouted the same questions they always did. 

"Move, please." I snapped and pushed through them. I ran around to the other side of the car. They followed me. 

"JENNIFER! GIVE US A SMILE JENNIFER!" They were shouting. Mom is pretty used to manouvering through the paps- she was already half way to the door. They started to ger more and more agressive the closer we got to the door.