9

(Y/n)'s pov
It was a great night for people to carry a man on their shoulders after going out without permission,not really. I sat with Hansung and the other Hwarangs as I watched Soo Ho, Ban Ryu, Ji Dwi, and Sun Woo carry Master Wi Hwa on their shoulders but unfortunately Master Wi Hwa got dizzy and vomited on all of them,well except for Yeo Wool who just a but if it because his job was fanning Master Wi Hwa. "I wouldn't want to be them right now." Hansung muttered. I chuckled patting his shoulder. "I'm sure everybody thinks so too,Hansung." I stood up and grabbed Hansung's hand leading him a little bit into the forest. "Okay,Hansung. I am going to tell you something I haven't told anybody so you better keep it." He nodded. "Okay...you know about my engagement with Ban Ryu,right? Well, I am one of the Queen's family friends but my father is actually the Queen's brother but he died in war. Master Young Shil knows this but the Queen just knows that my father has a family but she never met my mother." He nods not getting my point. "So here's the point, Hansung. I had a problem when I was young. My family had issues with assassins so my mother made me live with my Aunt until I got called back home." He nodded. "When I was away I was trained to fight the people trying to kill me but an incident happened once. I was training with my younger girl cousin when we got ambushed by an assassin. My younger cousin got shot by an arrow to the heart killing her instantly. And ever since that day I swore to find out who killed her. I recently found a guy who looked like the assassin and found out his name was Do Go." I turned around facing the forest. "Hansung, everybody who's near me is going to get dragged into my mess so please watch your back." He nodded and smiled. "Don't worry! I promise to keep it a secret,(Y/n)." He placed an arm on my shoulders and walked with me back to where everyone was. Soo Ho and the other's were cleaning themselves up since Master Wi Hwa...yeah. Anyways we headed back to the Hwarang house chatting with each other along the way.

When we got back everybody took a shower so I had my makeshift shower curtain down so I had my privacy. Soo Ho and Ji Dwi exchanged shower spots seeing that you could actually see a faint outline of my body when I showered which I was annoyed off. I headed out of the showers avoiding looking at the boys. I dried my hair and placed it up in a ponytail. I wore my red and black hanbok, the gift from father, before meeting everyone in a fairly big structure to teach sparring. Everybody was halved into two groups each sitting on one side of the place. "Good morning, everybody. I hope everybody had a wonderful shower and ate well. Let me introduce myself. My name is Choi (Y/n), one of the Queen's most trustworthy gaurds, best female swordsman, archer, and hand to hand combat fighter. I shall expect everybody to at least beat me at the test I am going to give after each week of training. I do not care about your bone rank. If you are chosen to fight you shall not whine or else you shall receive an extreme punishment. Understood?" Everybody nodded. "I said UNDERSTOOD??" Everybody flinched and nodded shouting. "Yes!!" I nodded. "Good. Now the lesson we are going to have this week is about sword fighting. I shall test every single one of you one by one. Do not hesitate to hit me as I will not on you. I expect at least one person in this group to defeat me. Now, who wants to go first?" I hold up a wooden sword looking around. "No one?" Soo Ho stood up holding his wooden sword. "I'll go first." He stood in front of me as I got into position. "Ready, set, go." I charged at him without hesitation but he deflected it. He swung his sword at me but I deflected it. "Nice try,Soo Ho." I swung my sword at him almost hitting his leg. He tried to hit my arm but I ran behind him and hit his legs making him fall to the ground. "Your good but not enough to defeat me." I smiled offering him my hand. He grabbed it as I pulled him up. He got near my ear and whispered. "Where did this cockiness come from,huh?" I smiled at him and muttered. "I learned from the best. Now! Who's next?" Another Hwarang stepped up but I quickly defeated him. I was done woth every Hwarang except for Ji Dwi. I immediately blocked every blow he gave me. He was about to hit me but I went behind him and placed my sword on his neck. "Hmm...you did good. You're almost the same level as me. Did you train when I last left you Ji Dwi?" He nodded. "I wanted to show you that finally I can beat you." I laughed and patted his back. "Hahaha. Better luck next time then, Ji Dwi." I stood up in front of everybody. "Okay. Everybody did a good job all in all but some still need improvement. I will put all of you in pairs and you will practice sparring until the end of the week and by then you all will take a test to see if you improved." Everybody nodded and waited anxiously for their partner. I went on and on with the partners until my roommates were the only ones left. "Ji Dwi and Ban Ryu. Soo Ho and Yeo Wool. Lastly Hansung and Sun Woo. Okay you can start your training." Everybody went with their partners and started sparring. I wondered around the Hwarang house for two hours until I dismissed the Hwarangs from their lesson to have lunch as I went out of the Hwarang house meeting up with Soo Yun and Ah Ro.

"Yah! What am I going to do?? Everybody's talking about what happened last night. Ughhh,help me!!" Soo Yun freaking out while eating her food. "Aish, at least you didn't have the job of carrying your brother on your back...even if it was Ban Ryu who did it." I muttered playing with my food. "Yah! Ah Ro,why are you so quiet??" Soo Yun tapped her shoulder shaking her out of her thoughts. "When can I go to the Hwarang house,(Y/n)." I shrugged. "Anytime really. Nobody knows when someone would get hurt." Soo Yun started babbling about a party that was going to be next week at Okta. "Everybody is going to be their of course! Are you guys going to go??" Me and Ah Ro shrugged. "Maybe..." I trailed off. "Ugh! Have some fun while were still young besides it's our time to meet people!!" I looked at her. "I'm the same age as your brother. Both of you are younger than me! And you don't even respect me!" I teased. "Can we just get out of here? I actually want to roam around town for a while until I have to back to the Hwarang house. " I continued placing some silver on the table and dragging the girls outside to roam around.

Hours went by and it was past dinner. I went back to the Hwarang house just before the sun set. I stayed on the bridge since it seemed to be my favorite place in the Hwarang house. I was gazing at the stars that were out tonight when suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I glanced from the corner of my eye seeing Soo Ho placing his head on my shoulder. "It's very beautiful isn't it?" He tightens his hold on me and whispered in my ear. "Not as beautiful as you. " I blushed and stayed quiet staring at the sky above me. "Is something bothering you?" He whispered not removing his arms around me and sitting down making me sit on his lap. "Nothing is bothering me." I still held my gaze towards the sky. "(Y/n)...I know when somethings bothering you." He argued. "I'm not bothered it just that I'm confused." I felt him stare at me. "Confused about what??" I shook my head. "I...everything. I just want to release some stress. I was thinking of going to that party at Okta,Soo Yun was talking about." He nodded. "I'll try to come. I will see you at the party right??" I nodded smiling. "Thank you, Soo Ho." He kissed my forehead since I was now facing him. "I love you,(Y/n). Always and forever." I fell asleep with Soo Ho hugging me and saying sweet things in my ear.

Word count: 1496