Our Fault

Big, muscular arms grasped Macy around her hips and her crossed arms. She was yanked up out of the bush, screaming for mercy. "Please! Don't kill me! Don't do this! Oh god!" Macy violently screamed bloody murder as she kicked into the empty air. Even while she was squirming, the man wouldn't let go. Macy refused to give up, she kicked his kneecap and thrashed her head around, but the man just tightened his grip. She was heaving, out of breath. The man was practically squeezing the life out of her. She gave up, her hair covering her face and her head down. The second man came running toward them with a rag. He held her neck still with his finger holding her chin up and whispered something into her ear.

   Chelsea and Kim saw the defeated and frightened look on Macy's face after he whispered into her ear. What did he say? Did he tell her why they were here? Were they going to kill her and her friends next? Macy dangled still under the first man's arm while his partner put a gag in her mouth. It sure lived up to its name. Macy's throat did spasms as she gasped to breath out of her mouth, but only gagged. Macy looked lifeless as the men took her to their car, if she wasn't dead now, she sure would be soon.

   Chelsea choked down tears as Kim broke down and sobbed. "We should've stayed with her..." Kim said. "We did this to her." Her stomach jolted as she breathed heavy. Chelsea got quiet.

   "Come on Kim...you don't really think that that was our fault." She pointed to the now empty bush. Kim looked up and scowled. She got up to her knees.

   "Yes! Of course I think it was!" Kim's arms gave her the exaggeration she needed. "Our best friend is dead and we never tried to help her." She bowed her head after her blowup at Chelsea. Chelsea has never seen Kim this upset. She replayed the scene in her head. To Kim flailing her arms to her eyes bugging out as she got all serious.

   "I'm sorry Kim for making you emotional. I just don't believe we did that to her." Kim glanced at Chelsea's sorry face.

   "Let's go, we still need to see if we can get a driver's attention on the road." Kim drug her legs over the ground and Chelsea followed like a scared puppy. They were still a couple yards away from the closest road, but they were determined to keep going. They were going to do it for Macy.