Eternity

Your P.O.V

The smoke clears along the horizon, revealing a world devoid of deceit and war. A new light illuminates the decrepit landscape, breathing life into a forgotten world. I inhale deeply, allowing my lungs to taste the nectar of a purified air. An enchanted smile graces my lips, tickling my cheeks with hope. I take a step forward. Then another. Step after step passes me until I burst into a sprint, racing towards my comrades with a beaming heart. They wait, arms wide, embracing me with affection and pride. This is the family I have longed for, the family I searched for as I wandered desperately through hell on earth. My eyes spill violently with grateful tears. Shinoa gently wipes the water from my complexion, grinning with overwhelmed gratitude. "Thank you." She whispers sweetly, causing me to continue in my emphatic fit.

The victorious ambiance is silenced with sharp precision by the precarious laugh of a sly fox. A comedic applause is heard as Ferid Bathory approaches, his lips curled ever so slightly into a devilish grin. The crowd turns with apprehension to face the Cretan. "You have gone above and beyond all expectations, my darling." He snickers, subduing me with feigned shock.

"You act surprised." I vaunt, my teeth hissing with each syllable. He laughs again, but this time in mockery.

"Not surprised, my dear, impressed!" His expression softens and for the first time, his display is genuine. He no longer carries himself with an air of mistrust. He reaches a hand outward in my direction. I hesitate at first, but my affliction consumes me and I firmly grasp his hold, shaking promptly. His free hand moves towards my face, beckoning to caress it within his filthy palm. But, Guren immediately intervenes, swatting it away with tactful precision. His menacing glare locked onto his target. With weary, Ferid backs away, raising his outstretched palms in haughty surrender. "You have unexpectedly managed to fulfill your end of the bargain. As a man of my word, I will also fulfill mine." Like a speck of dust, he dissipates and vanishes. A few meters from our position, he reappears and raises his arm in the air with military salute. Bringing his arm back to his side, a signal is emitted. After a few moments of suspenseful wait, a hoard of vampires approaches. Meters behind, a solidified mass moves just out of focus, emerging with unrelenting force. A parade of exulted children marches with jubilance towards us. Their stature screams with unparalleled freedom. Upon seeing their war ridden heroes, they hesitate. Then, they race towards us in perfect chaos, screaming with excitement.

As I observe with admiration and undying affection, a hand snakes its way around my waist. Like a puzzle piece, it connects perfectly in place. Warmth radiates against my back as a familiar body is pressed into mine. Gently, a chin is nuzzled into the nape of my heated neck, lusty breath biting at my skin. "There are hundreds of children, left abandoned without families or homes." Guren sulks, the magnitude of his demeanor sinking into my chest. A heavy weight encases my heart and I feel my pulse quicken. The sickening thought makes my body ache with need and desire. "What if we took one or two in... together?" He coos. At first, his speech does not register. My thoughts vacant of the impact of his folly. The only thing I can concentrate on is the security of the precious lives I see before me. Then, it hits me with the might of a freight train. The sudden realization of his implications causes my head to fall feint, the ground spinning with an overwhelming happiness.

"That would be... amazing... Wait – Wouldn't that mean we would be living together?" My voice cracks and creaks as I speak. My undeniably comical reaction is just what Guren had wanted from the start. I feel my skin ignite beneath me, my palms quaking with unsettledness. Before me, the man that I have fallen inhumanly in love with bends at the waist, morphing into a kneeling position. Like an alabaster statue, he sparkles in the light of mid afternoon. A fantastical mirage emerges, encompassing me in dream like beauty. A knight has come to rescue his demon. I snicker to myself. How contradictory. My cheeks explode with a fiery crimson, orbs overflowing with an iridescent river of bliss.