Pilot- Wednesday

Another day, another bad thought.

I start the morning as one usually does. I get up early to leave a little bit later. It's a Wednesday so you know what that means- garbage day.

I get driven to school every day just in time to go to the yard of our school and I'm usually never late. Garbage day defeats the whole purpose of that, because it is the one day where my mom drops me off far away from school so she doesn't get stuck in traffic.

I hop out of the car, being a little bit slow but fast enough to not cause any trouble in the street. I don't say goodbye to my mom, I never do. I have been thinking and been seeing a lot of news and starting to think that I should. You hear people getting killed in accidents and murdered in their homes and you start to think to yourself, is it really that hard to say goodbye to your mom?

Yes, for someone with a mind like me.

I always look towards the back of me so I can see who's behind me. Not because I'm scared of murder, but because I'm afraid the people behind me will say something about my butt or make a joke about the back of my head. Now, why would I be scared of something so silly? Because I've seen people do that to people behind their backs. I've seen it with my own two eyes and that's when I realize they're behind me.

I start to walk slower, slower. They end up walking past me and I'm relieved.

I plug in my headphones and start listening- being careful not to sing or people will think I'm weird. I don't share my music taste to people I know in real life very much. Everyone I know listens to rap and that's just not me. I feel nervous when a rap song comes on the radio and everyone knows word for word besides me.

I know all the words to Bohemian Rhapsody and I'm still waiting for someone to sing along with me. I've waited for that person for a few years now. I'm being extra patient for my own sake, but life disappoints you sometimes.

"Wendy!" I hear a voice call from behind me, followed by another one. I turn back, giving the pair a forced smile. I'm not happy so see anyone, but I'm glad they're here. Why?

I walk a bit faster, but they end up catching up. "Wendy, hi!" I accept my fate and turn my head.

"Good morning, you look pretty, Amy, is that a new jacket?" I raise an eyebrows and she seems really happy when I notice.

Amy has short black hair and always has these really nice clothes. I try my best to dress nicely and balance my backpack strap on my shoulder. Brenda, the girl next to her, is a bit mean. I'm nice to her, anyway.

"Mind if we walk with you?" She smiles brightly, but I can very vividly see the mean in her. Amy is not nice, but I'm scared to disagree with her. I'm scared to relate to her or even speak around her because I'm scared of the looks she gives me. I nod.

We finally get to the courtyard, and the day has begun. I go over to my group of friends, which consists of Natalie, who is very emo and listens to the Hamilton soundtrack 24/7, and Connor, who plays games on his phone and has 8 cats.

"Morning." I smile, and Natalie smiles back. I stand in front of them, and look around for my other friend. He usually has practice in the morning, and I see him walk towards us.

His name is Pat, and he's 6'1, and very emo. I can relate to him and we always make fun of each other but it's nothing deadly. I consider myself a nice person.

I could go with my other friends, but Sid, my best friend is always with her other group of more popular friends. Max, the total genius and gay friend is always either inside for breakfast or with his group of friends.