Adolwolfa

The hut was nice, warm and very quite. Sitting down in a circle I let the villagers tell us what was going on. Turns out it was a vampire problem. Every night a female vampire came down and stole someone. Always someone who was out after curfew, always a smaller person, child or otherwise.

" Please, we need your help. She has taken our children, our sisters and brothers. Every family is missing someone at night. We fear that she will not stop until we are all her meal."

The leader of the village said, her eyes were red from the tears that she had shed.

" I will do what I can Mrs..."

I trailed off, wishing she had started off with her name.

" My name is Adalwolfa, and my bed has remained empty for many moons. My daughter is all I have left of my husband...please. Find the missing, bring home my child. You are mother, yes?"

I nodded, feeling a bit hollow as she asked. I missed my little Rose.

" Yes I am...she is about a year and a half old. She and my Husband are home."

She nodded,

" My people, please leave us. I must talk with Mrs. Brooming."

Everyone quickly got up and left, leaving Mark, myself and Adalwolfa in the room. She walked over to the window and closed it with a snap.

" So Mrs. Brooming...may I see your true form?"

I blinked,

" How do you?"

" For starters I knew your father. I called Manning because I thought he was still alive. But to my horror the Professor was gone. So I asked for you. Your brother has not the ability to blend in like you can my dear, but I wish to see your hidden form."

I nodded, in shock she knew my father. Allowing my forms to shift I heard her gasp.

" You have changed much since you were younger. I am proud to say I was the one who taught your father to change your brothers and yours nappies. I am glad to see how beautiful you have grown Eleanor Brooming."

I smiled, pushing some hair back behind my ear.

" Looks like your horns need a bit of a trim,"

She said, she walked over and took a firm grasp on my horns.

" Yours are so much more pretty than little Red's. Why do you stay in that human form?"

I shrugged,

" I just like it better I guess, no one is scared."

Her eyes narrowed,

" Your father wouldn't ever want to hear that sort of junk out of your mouth. Now, get that stupid look back on and go look for our little vampire problem. My people need you."

I nodded, shifting back to my human form and then turned to Mark. His eyes were wide as he shifted out the door.

" That boy is a bit green around the gills is he not?"

Adalwolfa chuckled as she followed, motioning for me to follow. This better not take me longer than a month or heads will roll. I didn't want to be apart from my family longer than I have to.

-Time skip six weeks-

Within the past six weeks fourteen children and four women had been taken from the Vampire. With each abduction I could feel the pain of the family's. It drove me to work overtime, barely sleeping, just about no eating. The only thing that didn't change was my constant downing pots of coffee.