Chapter9: A Different Perspective

Kiro
***********

I texted Lucy I  had gotten her number from​ Kera. She was quite nice different from them other bitches around here. She didn't seem to judge people and unlike most of the girls  here she seemed oblivious to her own beauty.

In a way she reminded me of my other half the one with whom I shared a womb. It was always Kamy and Kiro until that God forsaken day.

I didn't cry at her funeral. I refused to accept the fact that she had died. I did take a glimpse of her in the casket though, as I didn't want to regret not getting that final look. I remember the last time we were together as if it was yesterday still vivid in my mind.

No one knew about her unfortunately...not even Kera. Mace knew though but only because he was there with me from the beginning. He had watched me refuse to cry and lock it all in. The pain. The anguish. The grief. The pain was like a constant pressure on my chest, most days afterwards I couldn't  breathe  properly feeling like my time was up on this godforsaken planet but I had to be strong for ma.

He had watched me put up a facade of false joy. I had to be happy for mom and the others though and we weren't a very touchy feely emotional type of family.

"Earth to Kiro." Kera said waving her hands in front of my face.

  I was jolted back from my pondering. Mace gave me a knowing look  laced with concern from across the lot where he was leaning on his car. I rolled my eyes, winking at him.

"Yes Kera darling," I said turning to her. Lucy is introducing umm... her friend." She said thrusting her finger towards said friend.

I turned to see the schools golden boy staring at me with disdain. It was comical really. I've never seen that dude being impolite to any one. He got straight A's everyone liked him and he was heading for Harvard or one of them Ivy Leagues schools I bet. Kinda reminded me of everything I had wanted for myself but it was too impossible now for a guy like me. He often went around greeting everyone like he was the president of fucking Africa. Wait does Africa have a president?

Any ways he's never spoken to us before, guess we are a little below his social strata.

"Hi there," I said smiling at him. Had to hand it to him though the devil was good looking.

He gave  Kera an half smile which she sighed at while looking at him dreamily.

"Close your mouth Kera you might catch flies" Kera turned glaring at Mace.

"Weren't you just over there a while ago?"

" I'm a ghost boo."He said into her face. She glared at him.

I turn to Lucy playfully glaring at her. "Seems like I'm not the only friend you've made Missy, I said pouting. I'm jealous."

Darrell Hunter used his hand around her shoulder to pull her closer. It was obvious he was very possessive of her. Hmmh what have we here, golden boy has a crush" I though laughing. His possessive arm around her suggested an increase in  testosterone levels as a result of his brains release of dopamine.

I grinned diabolically it was going to be so good to irk him.

"So what have we here Lucy?" I say finally turning to him.

"Umm this is Darrell... my ahh fri-" Lucy spoke incoherently tugging on a strand of her hair.

"Her boyfriend. Darrell said holding his hand out. Was he expecting me to shake it or something . I almost laughed in his face but one glare from Mace had me keeping quite. Mace could be such a party pooper.