Chapter12: be gone demon

Darrell/Hunter Pov
*******************

I can't wipe the smile off my face my Angel is truly a ray of sunshine. God I sounded so sappy. I probably shouldn't but I swear I'll possess that beauty. I had sneaked out last night after she fell asleep but not before enjoying the pleasure of having her in my arms for a while. Her dad still hadn't arrived home when I left. I made sure to lock the front doors though Rosedale was a relatively safe place. I'd lain looking at her. If she knew how deep my feelings for her was she'd probably run for the hills. I can't help it. My grandma always told me the story about when she met my grandpa, she knew at the very same moment they would be each other's world. If I told mamma my feelings she'd have a field day. Yeah, so not going to happen. Lucy was all female and molded so well against me. I can't wait for our date on Sunday. I have it all planned out. It's going to be great.

I must have a goofy smile on my face as I sit at the counter in the kitchen. My mom steps into the kitchen, her brown hair looking like a rats nest. My lips are still stretched into a big goofy smile as I think about Angel, my Lucy.

Mom looks at me and does a double take. She holds up both her fingers in a cross, "be gone demon. What have you done with my son?"

I roll my eyes at her , my smile turning up a notch.

"I need my glasses"she murmurs as if to her self as though I'm no longer there.
She rubs her eyes, as if to rub away the sleep. Then quickly spins around trotting sleepily out of the kitchen.

I roll my eyes getting up to go towards the fridge searching its meagre contents, then go to the cupboards. Someone really needed to go shopping and since my mom was mostly busy that'd definitely be me. My grandmother, mamma often bought groceries or I did, on rare occasions both mom and I went shopping. With risk of sounding less masculine I love shopping with Mom she's always so busy, I cherish any time I get with her. That's one of the reasons I frequently volunteer at the local hospital and because I want to become a doctor. The hospital was relatively up to date. Thanks to my Mom. Persons came from towns over for treatment.

My mom walks back in the kitchen while I'm peeling an orange. She was wearing her glasses and her hair was now up in a ponytail but she was still in her pajama pants and oversized Harvard t-shirt.

I roll my eyes at her.
"Mom, I'm hungry I wined cutting the orange into halves and devouring it. Make me something to eat"

Mom's heart shaped face pulled up into a pout. "Do it yourself," she protest folding her arms. She's so childish sometimes.

"I would, but there is nothing in the fridge or cupboards or at least nothing that I can make," I say lips turned down in a frown. My cooking skills extended to making pasta and frying everything. Well except eggs, I never truly got the hang of breaking them without getting shell pieces inside. I was good at following instructions though so I could cook. Thanks to Mom's recipe books.

"Where did they take you?" she ask suddenly as she walks towards the cupboards.

I looked at her as if she had grown a second head. "Who?"

She turned rolling her eyes at me pulling stuff out of the fridge​ searching the cupboards.
"Obviously the demon of Lucifer that had your body captive," she said drawn out as if I was slow in the head.

"My poor baby did they hurt you?" she cooed coming back to examine my head opening up my eyes peering in them.

I glared at her batting her prying hands away gently. "You're so dramatic, you should have been a main character on Dawson's Creek." I say turning her away from me towards making breakfast.

"So you going to tell me or do you want me to recruit Mom,"my Mom says referring to my grandma raising a well plucked eye brow. Mom owned the towns local beauty clinic which she oversees on Saturdays. I don't even know if it can be called that since it offered so many things. She sometimes drag me along but who'd say no to free massages. That's the only thing I go there for though. Which male wants a team of gossiping ladies trimming their hair. Hell no. I prefer to get my hair cut down by Old Joe at the towns barbershop/ bar. There our gossip was more about politics and football.