Chapter 12... The Devil Within

"Well, that happened." Jack said, sounding like he hasn't been affected. "Uh, Jack? Have you seen this happen before?" Felix asked with concern. "No, I haven't." Jack said in a monotone kind of voice. Mark slowly got up, looking horrified. "What happened?! Why is this happening to me?!" Mark screamed. "Jack" grabbed Mark by the shoulders and pinned him against the wall in an effort to calm him down. "Woah, Jack. Calm down a little bit!" Mark said to Jack. "I am calm, you're the one who needs to calm down!" Jack screamed at Mark while the room starts to shake. Felix tried to pull "Jack" off of Mark, but instead of that, "Jack" grabbed Felix as well, pinning Mark down with one hand and Felix with the other. "Jack, calm the fuck down and take a breath!" Felix said to Jack. "Then you two need to quit worrying about something that is in your fucking head!" Jack yelled at them, making them cower in fear as the room shakes violently. "Jack" let them both free, looking horrified with himself (Anti is playing a part, trying to be like Jack as much as possible, but obviously he can only keep up the act for so long). He ran out the front door as quick as he could to avoid them. "Anti, what the fuck did you just do? This morning and... last night. This wasn't part of the, arrangement. You promised I would have some control of my life!" Jack said to Anti. "Well, plans change!" Anti yelled at Jack. "What if, I don't know if this is possible, but what if you could have your own body? How would you feel about that?" Jack asked Anti. "I- I don't know. I love controlling people. Why would I give that up?!" Anti said to Jack. "Could you take over someone that is dead? Is that possible?" Jack asked. "I haven't got a fucking clue! I wish I could, because I wouldn't have someone as annoying as you yelling in the back of my head!" Anti said. "Wow, I take offense to that!" Jack yelled to Anti. "Fine, I'll give you back control, but I won't be shut out completely this time. You will find a way for me to possess a new body, or else you're stuck with me, forever!" Anti laughed while fading out, giving Jack back his free will. Jack ran back to the house, thinking to himself how he's gonna fix this. "J- Jack, please, don't hurt us. Please..." Mark and Felix said, terrified of Jack. "That wasn't me, I swear. It was- Anti." Jack said with hesitation as the room shakes. "Oh no, Anti's back?!" Felix asked in surprise, again, the room shakes, every time someone says his name. "Ye- yeah, he's been in control for a few days now." Jack said, again with hesitation. "Wait, what?! That was him talking to us and not you?! He sounded so much like you, and he acted like you! He was actually, calm for once." Felix said. "Wait, I have a question. What about the girl, Scarlett is it? What's the deal with her? How did he meet her, do you know?" Mark asked. "Uh... He kind of... killed someone the night before, the leader of a gang, which she was a part of. She was forced to work for them, but I don't know all the details, you should ask him. Well, you know..." Jack said. "Another question. Why did Scarlett spend the night here? And what did Anti do?" Felix asked. They looked around the house and Jack noticed something, a huge crack in the wall in his bedroom. "Uh, what's this? Why would this-? Oh... oh no." Jack said, knowing what happened. "Did they- they did, didn't they?" Mark said, feeling a little uncomfortable talking about it. "He likes it rough, apparently." Felix said. "Felix! Do you really have to say it like that?! Just wow." Mark said. "How old is Scarlett anyways? She looked pretty young to me." Felix asked. "Uh, this is going to sound weird, but she's 17..." Jack said. "Okay... That's not good, not good at all." Mark said with worry and a little disgust in his voice. "What the fuck Anti?! What did you do?!" Jack yelled out loud. "You can talk to him?" Felix asked. "Ye- yeah, I can. And he can talk to me as well. He kind of, shocked me and himself, after what he did with the gang leader." Jack explained. "Did he have a reason?" Felix asked. "Uh, I kind of, teased him for liking Scarlett, I pushed him over the limit. I kind of deserved it." Jack said. "Wow, never thought you could do that." Felix said. "Me and Anti, we have an agreement. I find out a way to have him possess a different body... and he sets me free. But I don't trust him as far as I can throw him." Jack said. 

5 minutes later...

All of a sudden, Mark falls to the ground, covering his ears and almost screaming in pain. "Mark! What's happening?!" Felix asks Mark, concerned. Jack looks at Mark, then hears a high pitched ringing noise. Jack's ears start to bleed and he collapses to the ground, screaming, hearing the same thing Mark does. "What the hell is happening to you two?!" Felix asked, wondering how he isn't in any pain. Felix called 911 immediately and expressed how urgent the situation is.

15 minutes later...

The Emergency Services got there as quick as they could, thanks to Felix. They heard them screaming when they pulled up to the driveway. They ran through the door as quick as they could, they walked in on a horrible sight. Felix was trying to calm them down, but it wasn't working. "Oh my god, what happened to them?!" the paramedic said with shock. "I don't know, they just collapsed and their ears started bleeding and they just started screaming like they were about to be killed." Felix explained to them. There were about 8 paramedics on scene and they spread out to help both Jack and Mark. 5 of them went to Mark, since he was more powerful and he was combative when they arrived. The other 3 went to Jack, who looked like he was screaming in his sleep. He wasn't combative like Mark was, he was more scared than anything, he had his head buried into his lap while he was screaming in pain, holding his ears as tight as he could. While the 3 paramedics loaded Jack into the ambulance, the other 5 were having trouble with Mark, who was still combative, a lot more than when they first got there. "Guys, come help us! We're having a lot of trouble here. Bring us a sedative!" one of the paramedics said, really worried that Mark was going to hurt one of them. One of the paramedics stayed with Jack, who eventually passed out from the pain, while the other 2 brought the sedative for Mark. "Hold him down!" one of them said. "Hey, you. Can you help us?" one of them asked Felix. "I can try, I don't know what to do though." Felix said. "Help us hold him down, try talking to him." they suggested. Felix grabbed Mark's arm, trying to hold it down. "Mark, it's me, Felix! Please, they are only trying to help you. Just let them do their job." Felix said calmly. Mark didn't move around as much when he said that, which gave them enough time to inject him with the sedative. Mark was still combative, but he was definitely weaker, so they had enough man-power to load him up and strapped him to the stretcher. Felix rode with both of them to the hospital, with Mark and Jack now both passed out, well Jack from the pain and Mark from the sedative finally kicking in.

30 minutes later...

They finally arrived there and the entire hospital it seemed like was all around them, putting in IVs, putting on oxygen masks, and placing monitors everywhere. They were in the same room so they could be treated together since they have the same problem. Unfortunately for the hospital staff, Mark's sedative wore off, and once again was extremely combative, still screaming in pain. Mark ripped out 2 of the IVs they put in, now having blood running down his arm. "Get some more of that sedative, now!" one of the nurses said while trying to hold Mark down along with about 9 others. "Felix, get over here please! We need your help!" the nurses said. "Mark, please calm down!" Felix said. Mark swung and hit Felix, knocking him out, but the nurses got the distraction they needed and gave Mark the sedative. 2 of the nurses picked up Felix and moved him into the 3rd bed in the room, hooking him up to a monitor and putting an IV into his arm, as none of them moved while sounds of heart monitors beeped repeatedly, getting slower, and slower...