34

Azalea Miller

-3 & 1/2 years ago; junior year-

After lunch, every class I had with Sam he would try and talk to me, it caused me snap at him in the middle of a test because he kept 'pst'ing me with that the teacher gave us after school detention for talking during a test. 

I walked into the familiar room where they hold after school detention I saw Sam sitting in the spot he normal does and where I normal would sit was empty, along with Gilinsky. He smiled when he saw me walk in. I also saw the few other kids that were in here as often as I was or the guys along with a two kids I've never seen in here, first timers.

"Your late." The detention teacher snapped at me.

"Actually I'm not it's four minutes after school ended late would be five minutes and one second." I gave a bitchy smile.

"Miller go sit down before I give you another detention for being a smart-" she started but cut her self off and glared at me.

I walked to the opposite side of the room. I sat down in the farthest desk away from Sam. Nate and JJ walked in. "Johnson, Maloley late!" The teacher said annoyed.

"They aren't late either it's still four minutes after school." I said as put my head down on the table. The desk in front of me moved slightly signaling that someone sat there.

"Az' you still hanging out with us today?" JJ's voice filled my ears. I looked up at him.

"What do you think?" I whispered back at him, he sighed. "I mean I would love to hang out with my three best friends today but you see my ex would be there. Kinda a deal breaker." I said loud enough for Sam to hear. In the corner of my eye I saw him lean forward and put his hands on his head.

"Miller, quiet." The teacher snapped.

"So I mean I would but I'd rather not, sorry boys." I said and gave a small smile towards JJ and Nate.

The whole time during detention I could feel Sam's eyes on me, I didn't dare to look at him. When the teacher released us I was the first one out of the classroom. I sped walked down the hall and my name was being called, I knew it was Sam. I pushed opened the school doors and jogged down the steps and kept up with my same speed.

"Please, Azalea!" Sam shouted.

I didn't say anything I just kept going. He picked up his pace and gently grabbed my arm. "Az' I promise-"

"Promise what?" I snap and yank my arm back. "Promise you didn't do anything with Emma. You had the opportunity to do something with her because you were gone during the party, I didn't know where you went. You could of not only done something with her but other girls too!" I shout at him. "You also had the opportunity to push her away at the table, to 'explain' there, to stop me from walking away, but you didn't, you sat there." My voice cracked. "You sat there when it was obvious I was hurt and upset and did nothing! How many times did you tell me you wouldn't hurt me? And what did you do, you hurt me. So if you lied about that you lied about how you actually felt about me, about everything Sam." I took a short deep breath so he wouldn't talk. "So I hope you and Emma are happy together Sam." I said calmer. "Treat her better."

And with that I turned around and walked away. I used my left hand to grip the strap of my backpack and used my right hand to wipe my eyes.