chapter 1: the winter soldier

A/n: I am putting this book under editing cause I just can't continue to write this if I don't edit these old chapters!

Edited: 01/06/2020

you were walking and there were 5 men after you, you figured they were hydra and it damn well looked like they were, you started to walk faster and so did the hydra agents, you weren't watching where you were going and ran into someone he had shoulder-length brown hair, blue eyes, and a metal arm, he was walking with a blond-haired man who also had blue eyes "sorry" you mumbled loud enough for them to hear and continued walking, you looked behind you and saw that the hydra agents from before were close behind you, so you ducked into a nearby alleyway hoping to ditch them but they saw you go into the alley. So you got ready to fight, then all 5 of the agents from before appeared at the end of the alley.

Bucky watched the girl who had just bumped into Him go into an alleyway, then he looked over to Steve who looked just as confused as he did, then Bucky looked back to the alley where the girl disappeared and see 5 men follow after her, he looked over to Steve again "somethings not right" he says and Steve nods in agreement, so they walked over to the alleyway and saw the girl fighting the 5 men, but this time when we saw her she had powers she created a force field around two of the men, trapping them.

Once Bucky finally got a good look at her face she looked familiar to him like he had seen her somewhere before, then she saw him and froze dead in her tracks, then one of the men grabbed her from behind and put a cloth over her mouth and nose, then she passed out.

The two men that were in the force field got free and started to walk off with her, that's when he and Steve ran in and stop them, Steve stops the five men while Bucky grabbed the girl and got her to safety, as he was trying to pick her up, one of the men tried to shoot him, but he blocked the bullet with his metal arm and continued to carry her somewhere safe.

when he had finally reached Steve's truck, he decided to wait for Steve. I had been waiting there for a little bit when Steve finally returned "sorry it took so long I had to wait for SHIELD to get there" Steve says then starts the engine, and we head back to the tower.

When we reached the tower, I picked her up again and carried her inside and Natasha was waiting there at the door "who did you kidnap this time" she says I could really tell she was trying to keep from laughing her head off "let me guess Tony put you up to that" I say and she nods confirming that what I said was true "how did you now we were bringing someone back" I asked

"SHIELD called and told us," she says

"Oh" we get in the elevator "welcome back Mr.Barnes what floor would you like to go to," Friday says, "take us to the medical floor please," I say, "of course Mr. Barnes," Friday says then the elevator starts to move up, I had got back a few of my memory's but not all of them, I remember somethings from before I fell off the train, but that was it.

I had been so lost in thought that I didn't realize that we had reached the medical floor until Natasha said something "come on I'll take you to Bruce" she said waved for me to follow her and I did.

When we found Bruce he was with Wanda, Pietro, and Tony, "and frosty finally arrived" Tony says and I just roll my eyes and set the girl down, then I told Tony and Bruce everything that happened and Tony said the cloth probably had chloroform on it, but that much I had figured, Bruce said that she would probably wake up in a few hours, so I decided to wait there until she wakes up so she doesn't freak out thinking that hydra got her or something.

*2 hours later your pov*

I woke up gasping for air, considering when I passed out I was in the middle of a fight, I look around the small room looked to the right of me, and see the man I ran into earlier, "AGHH!" I screamed and fell backward off of the bed, the man had woken up from my scream "don't freak out it's okay your safe" he says as I get up off of the floor "who the heck are you and where the heck am i" I say trying my hardest not to freak out

"I'm Bucky Barnes and you're at the avenger's tower," he says, then a few more people, who I don't now appear.

"What is your name," a woman with red hair says

"I'm (y/n) (l/n)" I say hesitating because they could be a part of hydra just trying to trick me.

"I can ashore you we are not part of hydra" a woman who looks about the same age me pipes up.

"How do I know you aren't lying to me," I say

"I am Wanda Maximoff and this is my brother Pietro," she says pointing to a man with silver hair, something inside me was telling me to trust these people, but I don't know whether I should trust them or not. I decided to trust them for now "we were wondering if you would like to join our team" Wanda says.

"Can I have some time to think about it?" I ask

"Of course," Wanda says

"Would it be ok if I go home now because I have a dog and she might destroy everything in my apartment if I don't get home?" I say

"Don't see why not, but hydra might know where you live, so one of us should probably go with you" Bucky says, I'm about to say that I can take care of myself but Wanda says "that's a good point, how about you take her home then"

"Fine" Bucky says, I'm just happy that I get to go home after this eventful day. Bucky leaves to get his things, he then tells me to meet him downstairs, as I am waiting Bucky then returns on a motorcycle, I get on the back of the motorcycle, I tell him where my apartment is, he then tells me to hang on and we're off to my apartment.

*small-time skip*

As soon as we arrived at my apartment I noticed something was off, for one my door was busted open and I couldn't see Samantha my German Shepherd when I walked into my apartment everything was destroyed and it didn't look like Sam(a/n Sam is short for Samantha I'm not talking about sam Wilson aka falcon and the first person to get the movie reference about the dog's name will get a shout out here's a hint it's a will smith movie) did it, I looked around concerned "Sam!" I called but no response, usually when I called her name she would come running but this time she didn't "Samantha!" I called again but this time using her full name, then I heard a faint whimper coming from my room, i ran as fast as I could and when I entered my room there was Samantha laying on the floor with a bad wound on her side, Bucky had followed me, and when I turned around to run to the medical kit from the spare restroom, I saw a horrified look on his face, but I continued to run to the spare restroom as tears threatened to fall.

I made it back to where Sam was and grabbed some bandages and wrap them around her wound, once I was done wrapping up her wound I picked her up and I turned to look at Bucky "meet me at 410 W 55th St" I said to Bucky then I walk over to my balcony and I made force fields appear below my feet and ran as fast as I could in the air with Sam in my arms.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I just wanted to say I Googled animal hospitals in new York and just selected a random one... so author~chan out😘