92

Sakura sipped the hot broth, savouring the heat traveling down her throat and coming to a stop at the base of her stomach. Damn. This man could heal and cook. Sakura was definitely impressed.

The man had brought a chair up near her bed, staying a respectful distance away. As he fiddled with the hem of his shirt again, Sakura found that he was looking everywhere but at Sakura, obviously still terrified.

And Sakura was still freezing.

"So, does my saviour have a name?"

He jolted, "Um, yes Ma'am. My name's, um, Nauru Rosuki."

"It's nice to meet you, Nauru Rosuki."

He ducked his head, still not looking at her.

"So, how long have you been studying medicine?" Sakura questioned quietly, taking another sip of the broth. She had to force her voice not to quiver, she was so cold. The broth sloshed a little as her hands began to shake even more fiercely, forcing her to set to bowl down on the bedside table.

Nauru seemed to notice this and reached forwards to pull up her blankets. But before he could, he flinched and pulled back. "I-I'm sorry, Ms. Blossom. I-it's a habit I've developed while taking care of someone."

She waved his concerns away with a quivering hand, and retreated back into the warmth of the blankets herself.

"Would you, would you mind if I check for a fever? You don't seem to be in sweats, correct?"

Sakura nodded, not trusting her voice to be strong. He reached forward tentatively and pushed her pink locks out of the way. As soon as his fingers brushed her skin, he flinched backwards once again, his brows furrowing. He went back and again and placed his full palm against her forehead.

"What?" He mumbled, confusion evident on his face. "You're like an icicle."

Sakura eyes widened and her hands shot out to grab his, causing Nauru to try to scuttle away. She kept a firm grip on him. "Are my hands cold? As if there's no blood flowing through me?"

He nodded slowly, obviously terrified by her sudden actions. "Y-yes Ma'am." He stuttered out.

Her grip fell slack and her arms dropped into her lap. She gazed at her hands with glassy eyes. "Oh. I get it now."

"What's happened?"

She looked at him with a calm expression, but her eyes were as stormy as the sea. "I'm dead."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Exactly 401 words. This makes me happy for some reason. :3