chapter 5

"But in dark times we close our eyes,it's a nightmare,it's a nightmare..."Bae Miller.

Ash pov

All at once the fog in my brain cleared,my grip of my machet tightened -my heart rate  sky rocketed and I took a deep breath.

Two of the corpses reached me,I lifted my trusty weapon into the air and brought it down hard on the first corpse head.The decomposed bone and tissue gave away quickly,spraying dark ,icky blood on my hands.I quickly finished off the second corpse.

I slayed as many as I could ,but the horde just kept multiplying, my breath came out in hard pants,lack of food was taking its tool on my body.

I did the one thing I never thought I would do.I ran.

I decide to sprint as far as I could into the forest,zig-zagging my way through to try throw off the walkers.

Walkers....the name Sophia  had announced upon them.Gosh I already missed her.

Soon I food a big tree and hide behind it.A few of the dead had followed me here.

I was exhausted,my eyes were dropping slightly,but I had to fight ,I had yet to complete my promise.

There were about five off them. I decided that even in this state I could take them on.I swung out the opposite  side of the tree,taking two out from the back.The others soon noticed me.

With every ounce of strength I could muster ,I swung my glittering weapon yet again ,it landed on a ugly -no wait that's mean ,it looked way worst then that.This thing looked horrifying like shit.Utter shit .Hmm ,I'll call him shitface.Anyway ,I swung it hard into hi-shitfaces head.

I went to tug it out...it wouldn't budge .Again I pulled hard but the Damn thing was stuck.

I don't like cussing all that much but ,I'm FUCKED.

I STILL HAD TWO CORPSES too FACE.

I looked between them .Both were to close for comfort,I pushed one over with all my might,then turned to face the other.

This one looked worse then shitface .It was a female ,it's once blond hair,hung of its head in ugly -gooey patches.It was missing half its face,the rest wasn't  too pretty to look at either.It was skinny and wore a once maroon coloured dress-the worst part though,was the literal guts in this creature-more like hanging out of this creature.

It stank so bad I gagged,warm ,fresh bile rising in my throat.I quickly covered my nose and plunged my small dagger into its brain ,killing it.

I took a breath,trying to dispatch the nausea I felt.

I was suddenly pushed forward ,two hands gripped tightly onto my shoulder.

I smelt it before I saw it.

I brought my elbow backwards into the creature side,desperately trying to release myself from its grip. It release me long enough for me to turn around only for us to start struggling again.

For the first time in a long time ,I felt truely scared.

We tripped in the dirt,stumbling, clawing.It's rotten jaws chopped ,grounded together,trying to take a bit out of me.

The only other weapon I had was in my currently dead corpse .I gave one hard push ,it went tumbling slightly backwards.I tugged my knife out of the corpses head.

I full weight was pushed on me.

"Ahhh!"

Just as my knife purged th I foul creature of life,a sharp -tearing pain shot through me.

Dun Dun duhhhhh...