1

The Hanahaki Disease is a (fictional) illness born from one-sided love, where the patient throws up and coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. In order to fully recover from the disease, one's love must be returned. The infection can be removed through surgery, but the feelings disappear along with the petals. You can die from this disease by the flower petals blocking your airways and cutting off respiration.

saeran: u free after school?

: why, want me to come over?

saeran: yeah

: 3:30 ?

saeran: yeah

MC locked his phone and sighed, staring out his classroom window.

Same old, same old. He remembered learning this shit last year. His parents, however, after seeing his slipping grades the previous spring, forced the school to hold him back for a year. And so now MC sat in a room with students one year younger than him, wishing he could just go home.

I'm ready to graduate... MC doodled aimless designs on his blank sheet of lined paper, little flowers and chunky glasses. A beer bottle, a bumblebee, a dog shitting on the word 'Civil' in "Civil War".

Tugging on the neck of his turtleneck, MC looked across the aisle at the new kid, and when the student returned his gaze, MC winked lazily.

The boy blushed slightly and then turned back to his notes, flustered. Gaaay... MC smiled to himself, mind drifting back to Saeran.

Saeran... The boy was 18, and had met MC the previous year in math class. Hitting it off with metal-band hangouts and depressing talks about the way the world worked, the two grew closer.

On what was supposed to be graduation day for the two seniors, they got a bit too drunk at a party and ended up having rough sex in the bathroom. The next day, Saeran had texted MC with an apology, but it wasn't long until they hooked up again one day when MC was over at Saeran's place.

It was then that they decided they could have a relationship as friends and what MC now referred to as fuck buddies but nothing else. They were best friends, how weird would it be to date?

MC didn't mind the barrier, as long as he could still be close to Saeran, he was happy.

He was having a hard time keeping his feelings down though... he couldn't help it if he loved the taste of Saeran's lips, or the feel of his fingertips trailing down MC's bare back, or when he grinned down at MC with a rare crooked smile, shoving him out the door before his brother got home.

Saeran, of course, was oblivious. MC convinced himself it was better this way, but still couldn't help himself from imagining Saeran and himself in various romantic situations, surprisingly not including sex.

After school was over, MC walked home, dropping off his backpack and telling his mom he was going out, he'd be home in an hour or two, etc.

Hopping on his bike, MC pedaled through the familiar route, the wind ruffling through his hair and making his eyes water.

He'd had sex with Saeran maybe 5 times now, each time reminding himself how intensely gay he actually was.

The bike ride was longer than MC preferred, but he wasn't about to risk the heavy traffic with driving.

Saeran's house was large, even though it was only he and his brother staying there, and Saeran still lived there while attending a local college so he could keep tabs on his twin.

MC liked to believe that it was also because he wanted to be close to MC, but he'd never asked Saeran if he was another reason for staying close. MC guessed the answer was no... even though they were best friends, MC was just as well a fuck buddy than anything to Saeran... it's not that the red-haired boy didn't care about MC, he just probably thought nothing too much of their relationship.

MC leaned his bike against the side of the house and then knocked on the door. Seconds after his knuckles had hit the wood, the door was opened quickly and Saeran was right there, eyes hooded with need, smelling like chips and beer. His tall, thin but fit frame filled the doorway, and MC just about lost himself in Saeran's malted golden eyes, those pink lips- His thought were interrupted as Saeran reached forward, grabbing MC by the collar of is sweater and pulling him inside, shutting the door and then immediately pushing MC against it, quickly attaching their lips in a desperate, drunk kiss.

Saeran was usually drunk when they fucked, to be honest. MC didn't usually take it personally, but assumed that the only reason he was called on was when Saeran had a rough day, or something happened with Saeyoung, his twin brother.

"Bad day?" MC grunted in between kisses, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up," Saeran replied, kissing harder.

Eventually they made their way up to Saeran's bedroom, shutting the door behind them. Saeran pushed MC down onto the bed and began kissing and biting his neck, running his hands up MC's sides, up under his shirt.

MC lost himself in bliss...

...

Saeran glanced over at MC as he pulled his pants back on. MC was wincing as he sat down on the edge of the bed, eyes squinted at the pain from his ass.

"How am I supposed to bike home now," he mumbled, and stood stiffly, naked and irritated at how hard Saeran went today.

"Whoops," Saeran replied, and winked.

"Thanks for taking your emo, pent-up depressed emotions out on my ass, it's a real reminder of how much you care about my well-being."

"Anytime, sweetheart," Saeran mocked, and threw MC's underwear at him.

MC looked over at Saeran, looking hard at the graceful curve of Saeran's bare back, muscles in his shoulders flexing as he lifted his red tank top over his head, then disappearing under a black hoodie.

MC looked at himself in the mirror and scoffed, poking at the bite-marks Saeran had left on his neck, "I thought we said no more of these," he commented softly, even though he secretly loved them.

"Whoops," Saeran said again, unapologetic and vague, as usual.

Grinning, MC was tempted to kiss Saeran goodbye, as a 'joke', but thought against it at the last second.

"Bye then," he murmured, and walked downstairs.

...

Hey my dudes, so here's this thingy. Cover art is by @/bwusagi on Instagram, Facebook, and twitter, @/bwubwudoodle on tumblr (it's Seven and MC but I realized that I wanted to use Saeran whoopsiedoodles) ahh so this thing will have about 4 or 5 chapters? Idk, I'm going in this blindly whoops. anyways, I hope you enjoy!