_-_2_-_

I may be blind if I am not realize how many times Anzhelika steal a glance at my direction

I may be blind if I am not realize how many times Anzhelika steal a glance at my direction. I may be stupid if I don't aware of our click moment just now.

But, I have to control myself. No matter how beautiful and innocent she is. She is my family's arch enemy. My Cosa Nostra do not match with her Bratva.

Get your shit together, Angelo! If your father know that you even think about Anzhelika. She is the one who would get hurt. Not you.

"Dude! what are you thinking about? I see you zoning out lately," my best friend, Federico Moretti, pats my back while raising his eyebrow at me.

I sigh and look back at him, "Huh? Nothing dude. I'm just wondering around."

"Are you thinking about that girl again who has a big crush on you, aren't you?" Damn! Don't tell me they knew about my Anzhelika? My Anzhelika? Really, Angelo? She's not yours to claim!

I stare at my other best friend, Alexander Nolan, who asks me that question and reply, "What the heck are you talking about?"

"There!" He immediately points her index finger out at April Quinn in the opposite of our direction. She is with her own group of friend busying herself checking me out with them.

Damn, this girl have no shame!

Unintentionally I exhale in my relief, feeling safe that they don't know about Anzhelika.

"She's obviously drooling over you. And everyone knows she has a big crush on you, mate. I think you are now her new prey when she doesn't success with Vasily Kalashnikov for years. Why aren't you taking this chance? Well, she's pretty and that body, dude! If I were you, I'll not wait even for a second to take her. What are you waiting for?" Alex asks me curiously. Ignoring his question, instead I look at my other best friend, Tommaso Mancini, who gives me those curiosity-kill-the-cat-stare at me.

I surrender, raise my two hands in the air, "Okay, you know she's not my type. I don't like a nosy girl like her. I like a girl who can behave herself and definetely a girl who knows how to not get herself into trouble," I reply honestly.

And I don't even realize that in the process I unintentionally describing Anzhelika at them. Once in the past I had told them about the girls in school. I got my chance to describe Anzhelika to them fortunately. But, I regret it now. Cause I am just messing it up by spilling it out of sudden.

They don't even have to ask me a question. I look away pretending like I didn't just revealed Anzhelika's feature. Tom, Alex and Fed give me are-you-kidding-me look.

"Are you telling me that you like Valeriya Anzhelika Kalashnikov? Are you insane, Angelo? You do know right that her name itself already screaming trouble?" There is no need to remind me, Alex.  Really. Stupid Alex!

Anzhelika is not her first name but, Valeriya is. I don't know, I just really like her middle name. It is kind of match with my name, Anzhelika and Angelo, we both have two names with Angel meaning in our name. So coincidental.

After a minute I don't seem to reply to that aggressive question, the three of them look at each other. And Alex the one who breaks the silent, "Damn! You aren't even denying it."

"Can you please just shut up! And keep it quiet? F*ck! I wish I don't like her, but damn! Everytime she gives me a stolen glance when she thinks no one knows including me, she is giving me that beautiful expression of her face. And when I caught her staring at me like that I just feel like in this world only the two of us that's exist. I feet this click with her. I wish that she is not who she is," I burst frustrated. They give me a knowing look while I sigh deeply and clench my fist.

Alex who is just being Alex with his fatherly look speak to me, "You are not making a move on her, are you?"

"No. Not yet. We aren't even in greeting stage. We just looked at each other in our own stolen moment, all these years. Can you believe it? I think she knows for sure, we can't even be seen together. We all know that The Cosa Nostra and The Bratva can't be match," I say defensively.

"Damn, Angelo! You really are the troublemaker. You know right, you've got our back? This secret is just between us. You can trust us. But, you have to control yourself in return, for your own good, especially when she was around," Tom reminds with a-matter-of-fact tone. I narrow my eyes at him, don't believe what just he accuses me of. But, I will let it slip. 

For now.

"I know that too, Tom. What do you think am I doing right now? I'm standing right here in front of you talking to you instead of catch my girl who just a moment ago gave me her beautiful stare from afar. We just saw each other. We never touched." Yet. I said quietly to myself.

"My girl, really Angelo?" Fed teases. Trying to ease the tension.

"Possessive much?" asks Alex while giving me a bump at my shoulder.

"What?" I glare at Fed and Alex while trying my hardest to hold a smile that cracking up slowly on my face.

They really know how to break the tension. Well, that is one of the reasons why they are all my best buddies in the first place. Tom with his realist brain, Fed with his light and dark humor and Alex with his own way to make us three wiser.

"Damn! Let's get ourselves to class now if you don't want to be late," Tom suggests as he takes few steps further to enter our academy.

"Yes, dad," I joke. That gave me high-fives from Alex and Fed. Meanwhile, Tom on the other hand, smacked me with his muscular left hand at the back of my shoulder.

What a cheery morning.