Chapter 5

I'd Lie

Chapter 5

Bella's POV

        I woke up around ten in the morning only to find my side empty. For God's sake, it's a freaking Saturday! All day was spent lazily on the couch and listening to stories from his parents. Some were kinda funny, espcially when they told me about his childhood days. It's nearly seven o'clock with no sign of Edward. No phone call, no text message. Nothing at all. I came near the window waiting for Edward's arrival when I saw a black car parked outside. I took a short glance in Esme and Carlisle's direction, thank God they're busy in the kitchen. As I focused my gaze back at the car, a slender woman with strawberry blonde hair kissed Edward. I could see him enjoying the kiss. Ugh! Bella, why does that even matter to you?! 

        "Are you okay Bella?" Esme asked gently. I nodded and excused myself.

        I hurried myself to the bathroom because I could feel traitor tears starting to form in my eyes! Why did it even matter to me if he kissed that girl?! Because truth be told, we're nothing! He just asked me to pretend to be his wife! And here I was, angry tears pouring from my eyes. Tears rolled down, much to my dismay, and I bit my tongue very hard to prevent the sound of my sob from escaping. He could kiss any girl he wanted without me minding it, but why did it hurt?! Because you love him, Bella. Where did that come from?! Ugh! I wanted to bitch slap my face and wake up from the truth!

        "Bella, are you okay? You've been there for quite some time. Edward's already here," Esme said.

        "I'm okay," I answered and splashed water to my face before exiting the bathroom.

        I entered our room to find him asleep while lying half naked in the bed. I stared at him with no emotion at all. I didn't bother cleaning him up or whatever you do to your husband who was drunk. After all, he wasn't even my husband. I chose to sleep on the couch, which of course, would cause me back pains tomorrow, but who cares? I didn't want to sleep with him. I lay down on the couch, and my thoughts came running back while I was in the bathroom. I love him? Really? Because I couldn't believe it. No, Bella! There's no way you're falling for that bastard. You need to do something to get that feeling away. Over my dead body! I will never be in love with him. Because you love him already. No! I wanted to cry and scream at the top of my lungs, but I felt helpless. There has to be something I should do. I couldn't let this things happen to me.

~oOo~

        Days passed by in a blur, though it seemed like a lifetime to me. I spent those days still faking and masking my face. He would occasionally talk to me, and I would answer. Other than that, I didn't talk to him. When he teased me, I went with the flow like the usual, although I really couldn't hide the disdain behind my true feelings. I was glad that he knew it meant I wasn't interested on his stupid jokes. I also didn't ride with him in going home to avoid being with him inside the car alone. I couldn't handle it. His parents were completely oblivious to our charades, and there's only a week left before they would go back. It's a good feeling, yet a bad thing, too. I went directly to our room after dinner because I needed to pack my things. It's just a matter of time before I'll be free from this lie. He entered the room next, and I busied myself not acknowledging his presence.

        "What're you doing?" he asked.

        "Packing," I answered lamely.

        "Of course I know you're packing, but why?"

        "Didn't you hear your parents? They're leaving in a week."

        "So what does that imply?"

        I stared at him incredulously. "You must be joking me?! It means that we are free. You are free to do anything you want. Go around and seduce any girls that you want. Isn't that what you want?!" I regretted it as soon as those word left my mouth.

        "Why were you so cold to me since last week?" I turned my attention back to my clothes, but he grabbed me by the shoulders and made me face him.

        "I don't know what you're talking about," I spat.

        "You're avoiding me, Bella." It was a statement, not a question.

        "I wasn't. Now get your damn hands away from me." He loosened his grasp, and I fought hard for tears not to roll its way out.

        "Why do you sleep on the couch, Bella?" His voice soft and sad.

        My hands were trembling as I fold my clothes. "Because I felt comfortable there." What a lie, Bella!

        "I'm not dumb. It isn't a nice place to sleep on. Tell me why."

        "Because I don't want to sleep with you. Satisfied?" I clenched my jaw, and I saw hurt in his eyes. "You know what, just drop this subject. You'll just regret asking me about it," I said and settled back on the couch, my back facing him.

        With the lights off, the room became silent, and I let my tears escape. No matter what I did, he's the only person I could think of, and the way his eyes looked; filled with sadness and hurt, all I wanted to do was bury myself in the ground because I couldn't deny the fact that I love him, so bad.

A/N: I know it's very short, but it's better than nothing, right? So, how's this chapter? I'm so excited to hear your thoughts! I will update again tomorrow! Don't worry, I believe in happy ending so stay tuned! Maybe two more chapters, and we're done! :)