Chapter 7

I'd Lie

Chapter 7

Bella's POV

        "So did you tell him already?" Alice asked as we got a mug of coffee. I shook my head and told her about the talk that his parents and I had a week ago. "They knew all along?!" she gushed.

        "Yes, and well, they don't blame us about it."

        "Are you sure that's all?" Alice arched her eyebrow, knowing that I had left some other details. "They told me to confess my feelings." And of course, I couldn't do that.

        "Well, there you go. You had his parents' blessings."

        "I will not be able to tell him. And to consider the fact that they'll be leaving this afternoon, I don't think I have the nerve to do it." She went into silent mode and maybe thought about my difficult situation. She couldn't blame me though. 

~oOo~

        "Take care of each other, okay? We will miss you," Carlisle said. I hugged him and Esme one last time before they flew back.

        "Remember our talk." Esme whispered gently in my ear and smiled. I gave her a smile to let her know I would do it.

        I stepped aside as Edward and his parents bid each other goodbye. After minutes or so, they pushed the cart with their luggage in it and went inside. We made our way inside the car, and to say that I was nervous, would be a stupid understatement of the day. It was as if on cue, I opened my mouth, and he did the same. Talk about awkwardness. Damn, what am I going to do? My mind went blank. How to start? Think, Bella! Think!

        "They left already." That was a statement. How was I supposed to answer that? "I can pay you anything, Bella. Just tell me." He kept his face straight. How dare he tell me that?! Did he think I'm a gold digger?!

        "Ed-" I said, but he interrupted.

        "Bella, I know this was difficult for you. Just name your prize." I wanted to kill him.

        "You know what?! I don't care about your money! Even just a simple thank you would be acceptable. Why can't you just say it?! Ah, because of your ego. You know what, I thought that your mom was right; that I made you change. But she's wrong. We had the talk few days before they left, telling me they know this lie.

        "What's wrong with you is your ability to not accept. You have the tendency to pretend, as if everything doesn't exist, and you just proved it to me. They knew, Edward! Your parents knew the whole truth, and they thanked me for changing you. Now, I'm done with this crappy bullshit. Stop this damn car!" I was in the verge of crying, but I don't care. "Stop the car, Edward. I want to go home."

        He pulled up only for me to discover that he brought me back to his apartment. What's his problem?! I was about to open the door when he put my seat belt back and hurriedly went out to open my door. I struggled out of his strong arms, but he held me tight. He carried me inside, while I started slamming my fist at his back.

        "Put me down. What is your problem?! Put me down! Where do you think you're going?!" I shouted as he opened the door to his room.

        He let me go and pushed me 'till my back was touching the wall and started kissing the hell out of me. Wait! What?! Did he just kiss me? He is kissing you, idiot! And you freaking love it. I realized that my fingers were wounded through his messy hair while he held my hips. Oh my God! This is wrong! 

        He bit my bottom lip, asking for entrance which I willingly gave to him. Our tongues danced together, and I let out a moan. No! My irrational self was controlling my being. This couldn't happen. We were fighting back then, and we're having what... a make up kiss?! Ugh! He gently pulled away and leaned his forehead to mine as we catch our breath. I could feel his gaze burning on my face. His sweet scent was intoxicating, and I could taste it in my lips.

        "Bella, I know I was being a jerk, bastard, or whatever nickname you had in mind for me. But I want you to feel comfortable, so I didn't bother you. I'm sorry if I pretended as if you're a wind somewhere. I was afraid."

        He was what? "W-what?" I stuttered still dazed.

        "I was afraid of admitting to myself the way I felt about you. I haven't been committed to someone, and I was so afraid that I'll screw up what we have, Bella. I know you hated me since high school, but I've changed. I wasn't the Edward you knew back then who would go out with every girl in the school campus. That's why when I got the chance to work with you, I worked all the courage to tease you just to talk and make you feel something for me, too. I was so desperate of being with you." I tried to think clearly, but I was unable to because of the closeness of our body. Words float in my mind, but I couldn't puzzle them.

        "Please say something, Bella," he pleaded.

        "I... I understand how you feel, and I want to tell you how much I... love you." I half whispered the last part. I dropped my gaze unable to look at him in the eye, afraid of his reaction to my words.

        "I love you, too, so much." My brown eyes met his, and I thought that I'd get lost in it.

        Words were left unspoken, but I believed actions speak louder than words. He caressed my cheek with his thumb and kissed me. This time was much slower and gentler, full of love and passion. We reluctantly parted to catch our breath again, and I buried my head in his chest, feeling his fast heart beat and smelling his scent. 

~oOo~

        "I think you should call your parents," I said to him as I finished packing.

        "Do you really need to leave?" He trailed kisses near my ear down to my neck which sent goosebumps around my body.

        "You're trying to distract me." I shivered.

        "Well, does it help to make you stay?" This man really knew my weakness! 

        "No," I muttered when the answer was supposedly be its opposite. "You know I have my own apartment, and I just can't leave it there."

        "I'll pay for it, so you can give it up to the landlord," he said nonchalantly.

        "Edward! You can't just go running 'round paying for my expenses," I scolded. His phone rang, and he answered it immediately. I went to the bathroom to gather my toiletries and dumped it back to my bag.

        "That was my mom. She informed me that they were home, and I asked sorry about my crappy ideas."

        "That's good. I know they have already forgiven us. You're very lucky to have them." He stepped forward and wrapped me in his arms.

        "And I'm the luckiest man alive to have someone like you," he whispered. He saw tears rolling and asked what's wrong.

        "It's nothing. I am just so happy!" I gushed while wiping my tears.

        "I love you, Bella. Always and forever," he murmured.

        "I love you, too, Edward. Always and forever," I said, and it felt like I could die already in the arms of my angel. 

A/N: Well, what do you think about this chapter? Tell me what you think! Just an epilogue left! See you again tomorrow! :D