Chapter Twenty-Three

"Walz, get the fuck out of bed."

Camila blinks in surprise at the harsh wake up call. "Um... DJ, no offence, but what are you doing here?"

"Well, it's your birthday," Dinah points out, "I can't not see my best friend on her birthday."

"How did you...?" Camila sits up and frowns, "I never told you guys it was my birthday."

"Lauren stalked you on Facebook. It was in your about section, and she told us." Dinah shrugs, "Anyway, come on. You need to get up."

"I don't, actually," Camila argues, "it's my birthday. So like, I can sleep as much as I want. I make the rules."

Dinah rolls her eyes. "Get up."

Camila snorts and gets herself comfortable again. "Make me."

Before Camila can go anything else, Dinah has grabbed her by the ankles and has dragged her out of bed, pushing her onto the floor with a loud laugh. "There, I made you."

Camila huffs. "You know, Lauren would've been much nicer. Where is she?"

"Busy," Dinah shrugs, "I'm the one who's waking you up. Deal with it."

"Lauren made plans even though she knows it's my birthday?" Camila frowns. Usually she wouldn't care – she'd planned on keeping it to herself, anyway – but she'd wanted to spend today with her girlfriend.

Before Dinah can reply, Camila's bedroom door swings open, and Lauren Jauregui walks into the room, kicking the door closed behind her. "Hey, Camz. Happy birthday."

"You're here," Camila frowns; Lauren laughs when she sees her girlfriend sat on the floor, "Dinah said you were busy."

"I was busy making you breakfast," Lauren holds out the tray in her hands and glances over at Dinah. "Did you drag her out of bed or something?"

"No," Dinah answers, "she fell."

"I did not!" Camila quickly argues, getting up and sitting back down on her bed. Lauren puts the tray full of bacon, eggs, toast and baked beans on her lap. "Thank you for the breakfast, Lo. Why couldn't you have been the one to wake me up?"

Lauren laughs. "I would've, if I'd known Dinah was going to attack you."

"She was going to go back to sleep!" Dinah argues as Camila starts on her breakfast. "I did what was necessary."

"You could've let her," Lauren replies, "I would've woken her up with kisses."

Camila blushes, offering a slice of toast to Lauren. "That would've been a way better wake up call."

"Good to know. Next time I'll wake you up by making out with you," Dinah teases her, and Camila rolls her eyes.

When Lauren sits down next to her, she smiles and rests her head on her girlfriend's shoulder. "Why'd you tell everyone it was my birthday today?"

"Well..." Lauren shrugs, rolling her eyes when Dinah steals some bacon from Camila's plate, "you deserve a good day. I take it you've never spent your birthday with friends before?"

"No," Camila shakes her head, "but it doesn't matter. It's not a big deal. I was going to call you later and see if you wanted to come over and watch TV, but... yeah. Other than that, I didn't have any plans."

"Well, you and I are hanging out today," Lauren says, and when Dinah coughs loudly, adds, "and Dinah's going to be third wheeling."

Camila frowns. "What about Ally and Mani?"