Chapter Twenty-Five

Camila is busy writing, thinking of good points to explain to Ariana for her next history test, when the other girl nudges her. She looks up with a frown. "Is there something you don't get?"

Ariana laughs and pushes her textbook aside. "No. I was just wondering if you wanted to come to a party with me."

Camila snorts. "Me, at a party? Yeah, not going to happen. The other girls are more party animals than I'll ever be. You could ask them, I'm sure they'd be down."

"It's not really a party," Ariana is quick to make amends, "it's more like, a hangout with a few friends."

"Oh, okay," Camila brightens, "well, yeah, I'll join for that. What's the plan?"

"I think we're ordering pizza and watching a few movies," Ariana answers, "but I'll text you and let you know. It's this Friday-"

"I'll actually have to get back to you, in that case," Camila interrupts, "Fridays are usually date nights with Lauren. I'm sure she won't mind pushing it back to Saturday, but I should ask her."

Ariana frowns. "She doesn't let you have your own time?"

"Honestly, I'm the clingy one," Camila shrugs, "sometimes I feel bad that I keep her in every Friday, because unlike me, she likes partying. Maybe she'll appreciate this, because she'll be able to go out clubbing with the girls."

Ariana hums, and Camila goes back to marking down some questions for Ariana to do in her spare time. She's almost finished when there's a knock on the door and Lauren walks in, her expression faltering a little when she sees Ariana.

She shrugs it off and sits down next to Camila on her bed. "You said you'd be done by now, babe."

"What time is it- oh," Camila blinks at the clock, surprised at how fast the time had gone by. "I guess I was just really invested in studying or something. But, hey, I didn't know you were coming over tonight."

"I figured you'd be into a surprise date, maybe," Lauren suggests, sitting down next to Camila on her bed and wrapping her arms around Camila's waist. "We could get ice cream."

"You're the ice cream addict, not me," Camila points out, "but, uh, I think maybe we shouldn't tonight. Ari's got a big test tomorrow and I promised I'd help as best I could. Tomorrow, maybe?"

Lauren frowns, but nods, and Camila jots down another two questions, passing the sheet to Ariana. Ariana smiles at her. "Thanks for this, Mila. You're so helpful."

"No worries." Camila smiles. "I'm always here to help."

Lauren looks between them, and after a few moments, sighs and stands up. "Alright, fine. Tomorrow. I'll see you."

"Wait, you don't have to leave," Camila sits up and grabs Lauren's hand before she can go. "Maybe we can watch a movie once I'm finished with Ari. I know you always keep a book on you so you won't be bored waiting."

Lauren bites down on her bottom lip, and looks between Camila and Ariana for a moment. Unable to resist Camila, Lauren nods lamely and sits down, pulling a book out of her purse and getting herself comfortable on Camila's bed.

Camila looks over at her girlfriend with a smile, reaching over to kiss Lauren's cheek. Her girlfriend blushes, sending her a small smile, and Camila murmurs an apology. "I promise I'll get done as soon as possible. Then you'll have my full attention, babygirl."

Lauren nods, pulling Camila down for a proper kiss, and the younger Latina feels the familiar butterflies in her stomach. Then, Camila turns around and flips the page in her textbook.