CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR - The Happiest Place on Earth

Timber woke up the next morning feeling confused. The pillow her head was on didn't smell like hers and the bed was softer than what she was used to. She lay there in a ball for a few minutes with her eyes closed then she remembered where she was. She opened her eyes and sprang to her feet with an excited squeak. She resisted the urge to bark, but she jumped off the bed and ran in a circle at her uncle's feet with her tongue playfully hanging out.

"Get dressed, Timber," he said with a laugh. "We're leaving for breakfast in thirty minutes."

Timber Turned and grabbed an outfit from her suitcase. She hurried into the bathroom where Emily was getting dressed and Grace was putting on her favorite red lipstick. Timber was used to changing clothes in front of Grace and Emily by now so she got in her day clothes quickly and brushed her hair. She asked Grace to put her hair in a ponytail so it was out of her face. So Grace pulled back half of her hair and added a bright blue ribbon that Grace could see easily if Timber got separated from her.

They headed down to breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen and Timber's nose went into overdrive. Chad laughed when he saw her sniffing around wildly. They were seated at a table by the window and she and Emily were set loose to make their plates. Emily was under Grace's watchful eye but they felt that Timber was old enough to go by herself. Timber had never been to a buffet before so she stood there watching everyone else, unsure of what she was supposed to do. A cast member noticed her and approached her from the side so Timber saw him coming.

"Hello," he said gently. "Can I help you in any way?"

"I'm not sure what to do," confessed Timber. "I've never been to a place like this before." She felt silly saying it out loud but the man didn't seem to mind.

"Grab a plate from the stack right there and fill it with whatever food you want," the man explained. "You can eat as much as you like."

"Really?"

"Yes," he said.

"Thank you." Timber found a plate and filled it with bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, Mickey Mouse waffles, French toast, and fruit. Once she was happy with her plate, she sniffed out her aunt's perfume and sat down at the table beside Emily.

"Hungry, Timber?" laughed Chad.

"Very."

Breakfast was a fantastic event. Timber thought it felt more like a party than a breakfast. Characters came out to say hello and dance. Emily laughed so hard that milk came out of her nose. That sent Timber into a laughing fit. Timber turned so red Emily was triggered again. They couldn't stop until Emily fell out of her chair. After making sure she was alright, Grace said they should get their last plate if they wanted. Timber was almost full but she still had a little room in her stomach so she piled sausage and bacon onto her final plate and ate it quickly.

They left the restaurant and headed through Downtown Disney to the park. Timber wanted to see everything but she kept a hold of her uncle's hand and let him guide her as she looked around. She noticed Emily doing the same thing. She looked up at Grace and Chad. They were talking happily to each other about her and Emily. She was so distracted she wasn't looking in front of her. Timber jumped a little when Emily squeaked.

"We're here!" she yelled.

Timber looked and smiled the biggest smile she had ever smiled. She could see the train station and she couldn't help herself. She jumped up and down and pointed to the park. The family went through the bag check. Timber and Emily both had tiny drawstring backpacks with extra shirts and water as well as the other things they thought they would need. Timber had her headphones in her bag too. Grace was held up a little longer because she was carrying Timber's special medicine as a precaution. When asked, Grace explained that her oldest girl had special medical needs and required specific medicine if she got sick. She handed the man a slip of paper and he read it and handed it back. She was cleared and she walked through the gates to join the rest of the family.