Chapter 4

Astrid's Point of View

"AHHHHH!!!" Hiccup screams out as he grabs his head. 

"Hiccup! What's wrong?" I ask feeling tears slowly making their way down my eyes. 

"MY HEAD!" he screams back and I see his eyes roll to the back of his head and he's unconscious again. 

"FISHLEGS, WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM?" I half yell half cry out at Fishlegs. 

"I don't know. He has a fever and seems to have a bad headache. Other than that I won't know until he wakes up again." 

"Okay guys we should get some rest." I tell the rest of the group. They all nod at me and head to their dragons to stay warm. 

4 a.m.

I wake up before dawn to someone's screaming. Hiccup. I walk over and I seem him tossing and turning and yelling, "NO NO NO." 

I run over to him and shake him violently, trying to get him awake. I suddenly see those emerald green eyes I love so much. 

"A-Astrid, it hurts," Hiccup whispers, his voice barely audible. 

"Where?" 

"Everywhere"

He suddenly starts coughing violently and I get really really worried as I see him coughing up blood. I run over to Fishlegs and wake him up. He slowly gets up and walks over, Hiccup still coughing up blood. 

"Astrid what happened?" Fishlegs asks me. 

"I don't know. I woke up and heard him screaming. I woke him up and he told me everything hurts. He then started coughing up blood. Fishlegs I'm getting really worried." 

"I know so am I." 

We were interrupted by Hiccup's groaning. 

"I have some healing herbs, I can boil some water and see if this helps," Fishlegs tells me. 

"Don't worry, he'll be fine," Fishlegs reassures me. 

With that I sit by Hiccup, putting his head in my lap, putting my fingers through his hair. 

"Don't leave me Hiccup. I can't imagine a world without you." I whisper.