10

CHAPTER TEN

SUNLIGHT poured in through changkyun's curtain-less window.

yoo kihyun never thought in a million years that he would be laying on changkyun's bed, with the said boy right next to him, hands occasionally brushing against one another's, so delicately.

they were watching 'high school musical' because it turned out that changkyun was really into musicals. the dvds' lined a full row of his bookshelf. anyone may had thought it was strange that they were watching a movie, considering one couldn't even see, but it made perfect sense in retrospect. changkyun wouldn't stop watching - listening - to his favourite movies just because of his disability. besides, it obviously didn't bother him, especially since he was laughing and singing along to every song.

at one point, changkyun was singing his heart out, kihyun couldn't take his eyes off him. he was spectacular. but then, the boy also attempted to dance, whilst seated, which resulted with an elbow to the face for kihyun.

"i'm so sorry!" he covered his mouth in shock, then reached out his hands towards kihyun's face.

although, as soon as changkyun touched his skin, he instantly brought his hands to his chest. the navy-blue haired boy kept muttering apologies over and over again, shaking his head like he didn't mean accidentally elbowing him at all. that, was until kihyun tried suppressing his laughter, which ended up with him snorting, quite loudly.

changkyun let out a giggle, too, then a few more. now, the boy was allowing the happiness to flow out of him.

"is your face okay?" changkyun asked once his laughing ceased.

"yeah, i think it'll be okay," kihyun's voice sounded lighter. the smile prominent in his sentence.

then it was quiet.

the ending song for the movie played in the background, luring in changkyun's attention once more. he started bopping his head, lip-synching the words.

for some reason, it didn't even gain kihyun's focus. the boy was way too immersed in the other; he wanted to tell him that he thought he was stunning, absolutely extraordinary, in every single way possible. kihyun wanted to name each thing he loved about changkyun. the curves of his lips that made his mind turn bubbly, the way his eyes sparkled against literally any lightning - even the dim lights at the entrance of the rink - and simply the way he ran his fingers over a surface, feeling its texture.

"should we watch another movie?"

"huh?"

changkyun grinned, gently putting his index finger on the laptop screen, "the movie is over. should we watch another one?"

"sure," kihyun jumped up from the bed, furrowing his brows.

why do i only focus on him? he wondered, searching for another film to watch. because he's way more interesting than anything else in the world, his brain spoke softly, for once. and it was true. it was always true. nothing could even compare to changkyun and nothing ever would.

as kihyun was standing by the bookshelf, he could feel the heat of the sun on his skin.

subconsciously, he spoke, "it's really sunny today." approximately one second later, he realized what he actually said, then abruptly added, "oh, i'm sorry. i-"

"don't be. tell me more."

changkyun put his feet on the ground, making his way over to kihyun with ease. it was his own bedroom, after all, the boy knew how to get around in a place that was familiar.

his hand gently hit kihyun's chest, then quickly brought down by his side. he stood close next to him, soaking up the warmth, as well. it took a moment for the dark haired boy to avert his eyes back onto the outside world. he hummed, looking at all his surroundings, trying to gather up the right words to describe it.

"it's warm."

changkyun giggled at that.

"and it's really... nice. like, everything is covered in gold," kihyun rambled on, talking about what he could see.

then tilting his head to the side a bit, he discreetly admired changkyun, even if the latter wouldn't have known he was staring. kihyun talked about how the sun made him feel warmer inside, like with it in the world, it always managed to brighter his mood, even on the darkest days. when the sun smiled - changkyun chuckled at that, shaking his head lightly - it was as if it filled him up with a happiness he didn't know could exist.

kihyun was really talking about changkyun the whole time.

"it's quite beautiful," he shrugged, "and i don't think the sun really knows how beautiful it is."

changkyun pressed his lips together, eyebrows creased in the middle, thinking about kihyun's words. suddenly, the boy's skin tingled with nervousness; afraid that changkyun just figured it out- his feelings. his thoughts. everything.

but that wasn't the case.

the boy placed his hands on the glass of the window. "you see that tree over there-" he pointed to the only tall tree in the backyard, "-what colour are the leaves?"

"some are orange and red. most are withered now, covering the ground around the base of the tree."

"kihyun," he grinned, spinning around and placed a hand on the other's arm. "let's go play in the leaves!"

kihyun chuckled at how cute and childish changkyun seemed, but he ended up obliging. of course he did. cautiously, he took changkyun's hand in his own, leading him down the hallway, to the backyard. he walked him across the slightly overgrown grass, to the tall tree.

once changkyun heard the crunch of the dead leaves beneath his feet, he knelt down to the earth. picking up a handful, he threw them high above himself and twirled around, gracefully moving his hands in the air, feeling the leaves tumble down over him. he did it a few more times, and kihyun soon joined in. the two laughed, dancing along with the breeze as the red and orange colours kept scattering around their bodies.

it felt great.

changkyun was great.