The Mother

March 28th 2006
The girls face was solemn as she stood before her. Immediately, she knew something was wrong. It was a mothers instinct.

As the girl spoke, she did her best not to cry. She couldn't let her know how much it had hurt her. But she couldn't stop the tears from falling, and soon they were both sobbing, leaning into each other for support. It was not until after the girl had left in a rush, desperately trying to tie her ponytail whilst getting on her bike, that she let herself think about what the future would bring.

April 10th 2016
She sat across from him. He looked so familiar, yet also so different. When they ordered, he knew what she wanted. A chocolate milkshake and strawberry cheesecake. Just like when she was young.
She didn't know what to say to him.

March 30th 2016
The phone rang. Reluctantly, she put down her bowl of cookie dough ice cream, muted the TV and got off the couch to answer it.

She hadn't heard that voice in ten years. She broke down.

March 28th 2006
She didn't say anything, she didn't have to. He knew exactly what she was thinking.

Without speaking, they agreed to do their best to keep things together. For Rachel. She didn't deserve a broken home.

March 30th 2016
Rachel wanted to see her. Rachel had a daughter. Rachel wanted her to meet her daughter.

She sobbed into the headset, told her how lonely she was,how much she missed him, that it had been too long, it was all a mistake.

Rachel told her to forget it. It had happened, there was no way of changing it. She agreed, then hung up.
She desperately wanted to change it.

April 10th 2016
He asked her how she was doing. She gave him a look. it was enough for him to know what she meant. How did he think she was doing?

After half her cheesecake was gone and there still hadn't been more conversation, she finally spoke. Asked him why. She had never asked him that before.

He told her it had been a mistake. That wasn't any comfort to her. She wanted to know why.
He wanted to know if she could ever forgive him.

April 5th 2016
It was odd for the phone to ring twice in just one weeks time. She grew suspicious when no one answered. After asking who was there several times she hung up.

Five minutes later, the phone rang again. With a voice. She wondered what twisted game the universe was playing with her.

He asked her what was going on. They decided to meet. She wanted to talk.

April 10th 2016
The cheesecake had disappeared.

The question was still hanging in the air.

She wanted to forgive him. For everything to go back to the way it was.

Within her heart she knew that the mistake had had a reason. That it would repeat itself. Her heart wouldn't be able to withstand another crack.

She said no.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 21, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

perfect windजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें