3. The cure

You walked down the hallway and stopped in front of Law's office. Your heart was beating loudly in your chest and you felt nervous as you gave a little knock on the door. There was a long silent before someone answered by a « come in. » You shyly opened the door and stepped in. Your captain had his back turned at you and was looking at some paperwork on his desk. You were standing awkwardly in the center of the room as he turned around, crossed his legs and looked a you.

- What do you want _____-ya ? He wearily asked, too used of your numerous childishness.
- I think I'm sick. You stated trying to look as serious as you could, you didn't want him to think that it was another one of your jokes.

You saw his eyebrows twitching, he looked worried for a second.

- Did you catch a cold ? He asked, getting up from his chair.
- No, it's not a cold...You answered.

He frowned. He took you by your shoulders and led you to the bed that he used to check on the crew – or strangers on rare occasions. You sat at the edge of the bed and he sat across from you. His eyes started scrutinizing you.

- You seem fine...Does it hurt somewhere in particular ? He asked

You kept looking straight in his eyes as you pointed your heart.

- My heart hurts and sometimes I have trouble to breathe.

He arched his eyebrow and he scratched the back of his neck.

- Take off your shirt, he ordered as he put the earpiece of his stethoscope in his ears.

You hesitated and blushed. Law already tired of waiting sighed heavily.

- _____-ya this isn't the time to feel self-conscious. He said. I really don't care about your bra or anything else your stupid head is worrying about right now. I just need to make sure that you're all right.

You nodded and grabbed the bottom of your shirt ready to lift it, as your hands were slightly shaking. You were about to take it off but Law put his hands over yours preventing you from going further.

- Never mind. You can keep your shirt on, I'll just pass the stethoscope under you shirt. He explained.

Before you had time to answer, you felt his hand crawling under your shirt finding his way above your left breast. The cold contact with the chestpiece made you shivered but your cheeks and all your body was burning up. You looked at Law, he was focused on the sounds of your heartbeat while you knew that every movements that he was making were increasing your heartbeat. You closed your eyes hoping that the situation would be less awkward if you weren't looking at him. After a while, his hand stopped moving as you heard a chuckle. You opened your eyes and looked at your Captain laughing.

- Why are you laughing ? You asked fearing the worst.
- Sorry, ____-ya...I thought that I would tease you a little but your face was too much. He stated as he managed to keep a straight face. But seriously ___-ya...How old are you ? Confessing to someone like that you're really strange.

You blushed at his last sentence, you intended to confess but you thought that he wouldn't get it so fast.

- How did you find out ? You asked a little bit upset.

His smile increased again but he didn't laugh.

- Seriously ? When someone his always stealing glances at you, blushing whenever you look at them and I seriously thought that your heart was going to stop earlier...

You pouted a little bit.

- So can I have a medicine for that ? You asked.

Law seemed surprised for a second but finally gave you a sneaky smile, he put his hands next to your thighs and moved away from his chair to bring his face closer to yours.

- Well...What if I don't want you to cure ? If you want to keep this disease I'll make sure that you won't regret it.
- I should listen to my doctor, right ? You smiled as he smiled back.
- Good answer. He said before closing the last few centimeters that were separating your lips.
- Aren't you afraid to catch my disease ? You teased him.
- Don't worry, I caught it the second you came in the crew. He said as he kissed you again.