4. Bear with it.

You were part of his crew for more than a year now, and there was one thing that you had noticed, your Captain wasn't affectionate at all. Except for one member of the crew : Bepo. It seemed like he lower his guard around him, using him as a pillow or to carry his sword... Yes, you were jealous of a bear. But you had a plan, if he liked bear then you would become one, the best.

The crew stayed one day in a small village, to buy supplies and food. You informed them that you had something to do and ran around town hoping to find what you were looking for. After hours, you finally spotted the perfect shop, you walked in, grinning, bought what you wanted and went back to the submarine.

You waited until everyone was asleep or at least too busy to notice you and put on the clothes you bought. It was a polar bear suit, with a hood with bear ears too. You felt embarrassed at your own idea but it was the only thing you could think of right now. You slowly opened the door of your room and checked the hall, before tiptoed toward Law's room. You didn't know how Bepo could live like that it had only been five minutes and you were already so hot. You hoped that you wouldn't be find by someone of the crew especially, Penguin and Shachi, you knew that they would be capable of buying you some weird costumes for their own fantasies. Lost in thought you hadn't noticed that someone was behind and you jumped the moment you were hugged from behind, you froze. That person was way taller than you, and you felt something furry and wet nuzzling against your neck. A cold shiver ran down your spine, you turned around and punched hard whatever was hugging you. It was only after hearing a plaintive groan that you noticed that Bepo was now sitting on the floor at your feet, stroking his cheek.

- Sorry ! He said looking down.
- Oh my god ! I'm so sorry Bepo ! Are you alright ? You frightened me, I thought it was some kind of beast ! You apologized kneeling down in front of him, to check if you hadn't hit him too hard.

After hearing the word "beast" Bepo seemed even more gloomy.

- ...Well I am glad that it is you ! You tried to cheer him up. But why did you hugged me like that ?
- I thought you were a female bear and I was so happy that I hugged you, sorry...He kept on apologizing. You're a beautiful no female bear !
- Aww thank you Bepo !

You suddenly felt guilty for pushing him like that so you decided to hug him. Now, you understood why Law liked him, he was like the biggest Teddy's bear ever created ! "Why Law isn't like him?" you thought.

- Aww I love you Bepo ! You enthusiastically said as you hugged him tighter, he was too comfortable and fluffy, you even had forgotten your "mission" for a minute that's why you hadn't heard the "click" coming from a door not far away from you.

You only noticed that someone was watching you when you heard someone coughing behind you. For the second time you froze, you knew exactly who it was and you silently cursed. You turned around and saw Law standing behind you smirking, enjoying your embarrassed self. You were hugging and saying "I love you" to a bear, dressed like a bear...You wanted to disappear.

- Hi there, ____-ya. Nice outfit. He said checking you from head to toe as you got up.
- H-hi Captain, you said blushing avoiding eyes contact.
- I didn't want to interrupt you, you seemed...busy. He smiled.
- I know what it seems like, but it's not what it seems like ! You said in one breath.
- I am not judging, Bepo's a good guy. He teased you.
- No !...Well...Yes, he's nice but...I mean...I am not into bears ! You tried to explain.
- Sorry...
- Sorry, Bepo ! But I was looking for you because you're always nice around Bepo, so I thought that if I wore a bear costume, you'll be nice to me too that's why ! And I was kind of jealous, I guess ?! Plus, you're ....

You were ready to continue your explanation but you noticed Law's shoulders trembling, he was quietly laughing at you. He was trying hard to repress a chuckle, seeing how his lips were twisting. Once, he seemed to have control his laugh, he looked at you and you heard a "Pffft" as he put his hand in front of his mouth trying to hide his second urge of laughing at you. You probably looked like a cross between a tomato and Bepo, right now. You didn't managed to seduce him, but you felt like winning since you made him laugh for the first time, you couldn't prevent yourself from smiling. He finally became serious again, and looked you up and down and came closer to you, smirking as usual.

- You know ____-ya, I prefer birthday suit, he softly whispered in your ear.

You saw his teasing smile as he walked away, leaving you blushing.

What you learnt that day is that Law had always fun teasing you.