Part 0

I stumbled through the streets, my heart beating out of my chest. I was being chased.

Around park benches and up the sidewalk I ran, away from my pursuers, and right into a dead end alleyway. I stopped, unable to catch my breath. My pursuers stopped as well.

"Want us to turn you in, punk?" One of them growled. "We know you've been avoiding the government for a looooong time."

"Please," I begged, "no."

"Oh, alright," a second one chimed in. "What should we do to you, then? Grind you into a pulp?"

I shook my head, looking around for something, anything to help me.

Squeeeaaak...

"HEY! UP HERE!" A meek voice yelled at me. I looked up; a boy was sticking his head out of an open window.

"The hell?"

"What..."

"Hey!"

While my pursuers were distracted, I ran past them as fast as I possibly could and towards the front of the building. Hearing footsteps behind me, I tugged on the front doors of the building and entered the porch. It was an apartment building.

And I had no idea which button to press.

So I violently began pressing all of them, hoping someone would let me in.

The door clicked almost immediately. I ran in, shutting it behind me, and stopped; breathing harder than I'd ever breathed in my life.

A figure ran at me from the stairs in the back of the hall. It was the kid who'd saved me. He had brown hair, the bluest eyes I'd ever seen, and a lip ring.

"Yo, are you okay?" He asked, stopping in front of me. "Those guys looked tough."

"Y...yeah," I said through breaths. "Thanks."

"No problem," the kid said. "I'm Jason."

He stuck out his hand and I shook it. "Ty. Nice...to meet...you."

"You look a little worse for wear," Jason observed. "Why don't you hang out in my apartment for a bit and get washed up?"

I debated it for a moment. I didn't know this guy. I was wanted by the government. He could easily turn me in at any time.

"Uh," I said, "sure."

I followed Jason up the steps and to his apartment. The door squeaked open, and I was presented with a messy living room and kitchen, both of which looked about as worse for wear as I did.

"Make yourself at home," Jason said, flopping down on the couch. "Oh, yeah, and I have a roommate so don't get freaked out."

I nodded, and observed myself. I was worse for wear, as Jason had told me. My grey jeans were ripped and I had a scrape on my knee. My white shirt was no longer entirely white. My shoelaces were untied.

I bent down and tied my shoelaces first.

"Hey, Jason, who's this?" A voice hit my ears. I finished tying my shoes and straightened up, looking at him. He wore sunglasses and had brown hair, tanned skin, and a gold and purple necklace.

"His name's Ty," Jason said. "I rescued him from some guys. Ty, Adam. Adam, Ty."

I nodded in Adam's direction. He offered a small wave back.

"By the way," Jason said, looking up at me with crossed arms. "Why were those guys chasing you, anyway?"

"Uh," I put a hand to the back of my neck, not sure how to explain. "It's...complicated. Basically I'm wanted by the government."

Adam made an "O" shape with his mouth. Jason made a sympathetic facial expression.

"Well, you've come to the right place," Jason said.

"Yeah, you sure have!" Adam exclaimed.

"And why is that?" I asked.

"'Cuz we're members of Crow," Jason stated proudly. I gasped.

I'd stumbled into the apartment of two members of a rebel organization. As if I wasn't already in enough trouble.

"Great," I said, threading my fingers through my hair. "I'm wanted by the government and now I'm in the apartment of two Crow members. Couldn't be better."

"No, no, we can help you," Jason said, trying to calm me down.

"We have places. Places to hide from the government," Adam chimed in.

"Is here one of them?" I asked. "Because I'm reeeaaal nervous right about now."

"No," Jason said. "But we can take you to one, if you really want."

I tugged on my hair, thinking about it. I could abandon my current home and go to a safe place, escorted by two members of a rebel organization. Or I could stay at my current home and risk being found.

The pros of the former option outweighed the cons.

"Sure," I said. "Take me there."

HYYYYYYYYYPE!!!!

Yo yo yo, Lia back again with a new story! It's been a while! Two years I think! But here I am!!

If you're confused, you might wanna go read my other story that this is based around, Crow. It's a pretty long read, just warnin' ya.

Anyway, in case you hadn't gathered, this is basically the events of Crow but from Ty's point of view instead of Petey's. It's gonna get pretty interesting so I hope you all enjoy!

(Also updates might be sparse. Of course, I said that with the other story and they ended up being super quick most of the time, but, *shrug*).

Ciao!