Part 2

"HEY!" A voice yelled from behind me. "THINK YOU COULD ESCAPE THAT EASILY?"

The three of us whipped around quick as lightning. Sure enough, it was my attackers from yesterday.

There were three of them and three of us; we were evenly numbered, but how evenly matched we were was questionable.

"Uh..." I mumbled, feeling my heart beating in my throat.

"You guys!" Jason exclaimed, stepping forward, in front of me. "What do you have to gain by stalking this kid?"

"The bounty on his head," one of them said with a smirk. "It's reeeeaaaal high."

"Oh, uh..." Jason stumbled over his words.

"EAT THIS, SHITHEAD!" Suddenly Adam ran forward, an iron sword in his hands, and struck at the closest attacker. He dodged, but barely, and Adam left a nick in the attacker's shoulder.

I wondered where Adam had gotten the sword; weapons possession was illegal.

Maybe crow had a stash.

The attacker only laughed, and lunged to punch Adam in the face. Adam dodged swiftly and the attacker missed, stumbling.

Adam swung around and hit the attacker's head with the hilt of his sword, knocking him out. He stared at the other two attackers.

"Come at me, bro," he said, getting into a wide stance.

The attackers exchanged a glance before running at Adam, but he dodged - again. He slammed the flat edge of his sword down on one attacker's head and hit the other's with the hilt. They both fell to the ground, knocked out.

Adam shoved his sword in his backpack and crossed his arms, thinking for a moment.

"What the fuck is their problem?" He mumbled, finally.

"More like what the fuck is mine," I whispered to myself.

~~~

We walked. And walked. And walked. Through the city, through another forest, through another city, and finally, at the jungle we arrived.

During the journey, I asked Jason how Adam knew how to fight so well, and where he got his sword.

He refused to answer.

I also asked why Adam wore sunglasses all the time. Once again, Jason refused to answer.

We arrived at the safehouse. It was a treehouse, with a ladder extending up to it from the ground. Adam went first, Jason second, and me third, and it took us about six minutes to get to the top.

"SETO!" Adam yelled, knocking on the front door. "WE'VE GOT SOMEONE!"

Noises of glass breaking came from inside, and then some stumbling, and then the door opened.

Standing there was a boy, with brown bangs drooping over his tanned, freckled face. His eyes were brown and big, and he wore robes, with a scarf covering most of his hair. A belt at his waist held several bottles, all of which were filled with colorful, glowing liquids, and he was stooped over, leaning on the doorframe, breathing heavily.

I looked him over, slightly confused about his attire and possibly maybe slightly thinking he was cute.

He looked up at me. I stopped staring.

"Diiiiiiid we interrupt something?" Jason asked.

"Kind of," Seto said, but then he laughed. "It's all good. Come on in!"

We stepped into the treehouse, which was shabby as could be. To the left resided a couch, and to the right the room opened up, to reveal a table and, underneath it, on the floor, some broken glass.

Seto pushed the broken glass to the side with his boot-clad foot. "This is the first time you've been here, isn't it?" Seto said. "Welcome to my humble abode."

It certainly was humble.

"I like it," Jason complimented.

"It's..." Adam trailed off, "...quaint."

Seto laughed. "I know, I know. It's not much. But it's away from the government, and that's all I needed. Now, how about you introduce me to my new roommate?"

"Ty, Seto. Seto, Ty," Jason said, gesturing to both of us as he said our names.

"Nice to meet you," Seto said, sticking out his hand. I shook it, and I felt something warm run through my veins.

I must have visibly reacted, because Seto laughed, again.

"That's the magic," he said. "Don't worry about it."

"I...wait...magic?" I stuttered.

"Don't worry about it," Adam repeated.

I didn't reply, but I was still a bit skeptical.

"Oh! I haven't introduced you guys to Yami yet!" Seto exclaimed.

"Yami?" Jason questioned.

"My parrot," Seto said. He ran off to another room, leaving us all slightly confused.

"He has a parrot?" I asked quietly.

"It's news to me," Adam replied.

Seto returned, a silver parrot resting on his shoulder. It squawked. "Hello! Hello!" It said. I jumped, surprised that it could talk.

Seto laughed. Again.

"Meet Yami," he said. The bird began to groom itself boredly. "I found him after I moved out here. It didn't take too much to tame him, but making him talk was another story."

"Can I..." I said, sort of reaching out in the direction of Yami. "...touch him?"

"Sure," Seto said. "Be careful, he might bite since he doesn't know you."

I reached out and touched the bird's head lightly, and he leaned into my touch, grooming himself on my finger. I smiled.

"Heh, he likes you!" Adam said.

"I guess he does," I replied.

"Well, we can't stay. Right, Adam?" Jason said sternly.

"What?" I asked. I was slightly terrified all of a sudden; I was going to be alone with this magic-spell-casting, parrot-owning, living-alone-in-the-jungle guy?

"Crow stuff to do, y'know how it goes," Adam filled me in. "Jason's right. We can't stay. Thanks so much for your hospitality, Seto."

"No problem," Seto said with a smile.

And then I was left alone in the middle of the jungle with Seto.

~~~

My goal of this story is to have Adam talk in caps as much as possible and Jason to talk in caps never. We'll see how that works out.

Also, did anyone get the reference with Seto's parrot? If you got it you get a shoutout next chapter :3c

Ciao!