Four - We Got Innocence For Days

Gerard heard Frank jerking off that night.

It maybe made him smile, just a little.

The kid was so naive, really, it was awful. He was certainly very pretty, and good with his mouth, too, but he was too demanding for his own good, and the few times where he'd tried to get the upper hand... oh, Gerard would have to change that. All in good time, though- despite what Frank thought, he had all the time in the world.

There was a storm that night, he could hear it from the rain on the roof, sounding distant and hollow, and he could feel it from the dampness in the air, the smell of lightning and the rumbles of thunder.

He wondered if there were others like him here. He knew that others had died in the past, others who fell to similar fates as he. But the police had been silly enough to actually imprison him. They could have shot him, placed a grenade in the mouth of the church, almost as though he had been a victim of an unfortunate accident (ha, like he would have fallen for that). And yet, of all things, they gave him the one asset he had left- time.

That was why he did what he did, and they did what they did. It was the simple order of things- they were smart, he was much smarter. They were good...he was infinitely better. And if it took a while for them to realize it.. so be it. But they would, in the end. Oh, they would.

When sleep overtook him at last, it was dark and deep.

xoxoxo

He awoke to sirens.

Immediately his eyes flew wide in instinct, hand flying to the fine jewelry around his neck. Speaking of which...it needed a better hiding place. Deftly, and as fast as he could, he tucked it just beneath the mattress. He missed the chill of gold around his neck, but it was for the best.

He hadn't forgotten about his rude awakening. Curiously, he raised his head. The sirens were still blaring obnoxiously, and he climbed down the ladder with careful steps. Frank was groaning in his bed, a hand flung over his face.

"Wakey wakey, Frank dear," Gerard crooned, leaning over his bed as much as possible.

Frank stiffened and peeked at him from behind a pale arm.

"Oh, fuck you," he mumbled.

"Like I said- I'd rather not," Gerard yawned, turning away. Frank didn't seem to be alarmed by the siren- he supposed it was just an oversized alarm clock.

He made his way to the barred front of the cell, eyes searching between the cracks for a glimpse of a messy halo of hair.

He found it.

"Ray," he called, waiting for an answer.

"Oh, Gerard," the afro-d prisoner replied, staring back at him, "that is your name, right?"

"You heard Frank?"

"Please, everyone hears everything," he scoffed. "Including what almost happened last night."

Gerard sighed. He could feel Frank's eyes on his back. "Yes, well. Sorry to disappoint."

"You really got him good, though," Ray said with a touch of admiration. "I don't think anyone's ever done what you did."

Frank made a snorting noise behind him.

"I can't imagine why," Gerard said drily, rolling his eyes. "He just must not have had an inmate who had bigger priorities than having sex with such a silly little boy."

There was an outraged yelp from the bunk and the sound of someone scrambling out of bed.

"Oh, boy," Ray said, laughing, "you've hit a nerve now."

"I hope he has a lot of nerves, then," Gerard said casually, "because I'll be hitting a lot." He paused. "Then again, he's so short, I expect he has less than the average person. Don't you think?"

"OH, FUCK YOU, GERARD WAY! I'M FUCKING FUN-SIZED."

Gerard smirked, but his expression faltered a little when a voice came over the intercom.

"Hello everyone, this is Dr. Brendon Urie, head of Red Onion State Prison. There's been a little....mishap."

Silence. The crackle of static. Then,

"We've had...that is to say, a prisoner seems to have escaped."

There was an outburst of sound from death row. Escaped?! From Red Onion? It was practically impossible.

"And, ah...he's murdered his inmate."

A hush fell across the wing.

"And...well, that is, it appears that he is still on the loose. In the prison."

Somebody cackled out a strange sort of giggle from a cell on Gerard's side.

"Er, and...we....we're not certain as to where he is."

The doors to death row opened with a sick crunch.