Chapter Fourteen

Authors Note: Hey hey hey! Here is the next chapter of Styles & Co! The chapters seem to take longer and longer for me to write, but I really love writing them... despite wanting to pull my hair out 99% of the time.
Warning: Smut

———

I step into the house, my hands grappling to carry all my things as the frigid chill hurries through my body, creeping its way into the warmth of the house. I shove the door shut with my heel, letting out a sigh as I feel the warmth of the house radiating around me, a delightful aroma filling my senses as my stomach grumbles.
"Harry?" I call out, a little inquisitive as to what he is up too, it is five in the evening and he is home, remarkably. I overhear the cluttering of things in the kitchen, accompanied by a rather loud groan and a 'fuck.' a vast indication that Harry is home and that I have not come home to some random burglar cooking in my kitchen.

I drop my things in the living room before wandering to the kitchen, discovering Harry, "Hey, this is a sight I like to see." I smirk, watching as he glides around the kitchen gracefully, attempting to cook.

He flashes me a swift smile, "Hey, I got off early and thought I would be a decent fiance and cook. There is wine in the fridge if you want to get it out." He flicks his head towards the fridge, getting back to the stove.

I make my way to the fridge, my hand wrapping around the chilled bottle of wine, my favourite wine at that. I raise a brow, glancing over towards Harry as I place it on the counter. "You trying to get me drunk tonight?" I chuckle humorously, delighted that he managed to get a bottle of my favourite wine and to get away from work early enough to cook dinner for me.

He shrugs with a cheeky grin, "That is not the plan," he shakes his head cutely, his eyes focused solely on the food on the stove. "I thought I would give you a nice dinner," He comments, commencing to make me a little curious as to what is driving through that brilliant mind of his.

"That is nice of you, how was work?" I start a conversation with him, listening as he fills me in on the current problems of the business world, most of it flying over my head as he throws technical terms at me as if I am a business major. He chuckles when he finally glances up to acknowledge the perplexed appearance on my face. He grins, shaking his head before explaining his problems in a more slower and more understandable manner, also known as, dumbing it down for me without making me feel feeble-minded or uneducated.

"I have a new business associate." He changes the topic rather quickly as we gather around the dinner table, our food and wine waiting for us. I raise a brow, taking my seat, my hand eager to reach for my wine glass.

"Is she hot?" I immediately question, watching as he rolls his eyes, taking the seat across from me, his hand reaching for the chilled wine glass.

"She is a he, you met him once. That blond guy I did not introduce you too." He explains, "Niall, nice bloke from Ireland, quite intelligent. But anyway..." He clears his throat, holding up his wine glass, "To a nice evening and hopefully to dinner tasting decent." He grins that charming smirk.
I nod, holding my glass up in agreement, giving him a nod before we take our first sips.

Our conversation grows hushed once the wine is long gone and the food on our plates are nothing but our undesired leftovers. I smile over at him, still mesmerised by his features the way I was when we had our first date years ago. I cock my head slightly to the side, observing the way his bottom lip is curled, his hands clasped together as he rests his chin on them, his eyebrows furrowed. He's deep in thought about something, I can only assume he is pondering whether to verbally express his thoughts or not.
"More wine?" I offer, breaking the silence, his eyes flickering over towards me.