Chapter Fifteen.

Authors Note: Hey hey! It took me a while to piece this chapter together, I decided on trying to somewhat make this a bit fluffy. I know it is not action packed, but it was a bit of a filler chapter, I guess we can call it. 7906 words and a headache later and I am finally done; I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! (I sure as hell have somewhat enjoyed the six and a bit hours I have spent just today on this chapter). Please, enjoy. Xx

(I just realised that the ending to chapter 14 somewhat clashes with the beginning of 15, I got lost in my daze. But it still makes sense! It's 3am so I'm just going to give my deepest apologises and call it a night).

There are no warnings for this chapter. Just the usual explicit language/content.

*** ***

I gradually wake up to the sound of shuffling downstairs, my heart immediately racing as I notice Harry isn't beside me and his side of the bed is still made up. I tighten the covers around me, my fingers digging into the fabric as I mentally begin to come up with multiple scenarios in my head.

All of them revolving around an intruder.

I let out a sigh of relief when I hear the din of keys slapping the floorboards, a sharp curse from Harry echoing dimly, a small reassurance that all my ridiculous thoughts in a panicked state are just that— absurd thoughts.

I rest my head back down on my pillow, the shuffling of Harry getting closer rings in my ears, a few grumbles and grunts escaping his lips, something that doesn't tend to happen.

When he gets in late, or when he knows I'm likely to be asleep, he does his best to stay as quiet as possible, striving not to make any sorts of rackets that'll wake me up. For some reason, he absolutely despises when he wakes me up when getting in.

I leisurely sit up when I apprehend his footsteps reverberating against the bedroom floors.

"Harry," I drowsily lament, "are you okay? I heard you mumbling." I yawn, the comforter falling to rest on my hips as I rub my eyes.

"Go to sleep," his thick voice attempts to whisper but it comes off as a hoarse tone, directly causing me to frown amongst the darkness whilst my eyes stare at his black figure.

I lean over and turn the lamp on, illuminating the bedroom, his eyes wincing as he lets out a sigh, my own eyes casting themselves on him, instantly widening when I see a thick carmine shade covering his hands— the hands he's promptly proposing to cover with his coat while he stares at me and gulps.

"Go to sleep, baby." He comments, biting his lip when I don't rest my head back down on my pillow.

"Your.. your hand." I stutter, gazing over at him with glossy eyes.

He shakes his head at me with a hefty exhalation, "I'm fine, get some sleep." He continues to command, but I refuse to listen.

I shift the blankets off my body and swing my legs over the edge, permitting my feet to caress against the imperceptibly cold flooring. I step closer to Harry, his coat collapsing around him as he shrugs it off, revealing his stained shirt. For a moment I cringe and look away, red being a colour I don't like to view on clothing that it doesn't belong on. I move eyes back to Harry, dropping them to his hands.

My mind spontaneously moves to a panicked state, various questions circling my thoughts.

"Elle, please," he gradually begins, his words being drawn out as I move even closer, my hand striving to reach for his, but he doesn't approve, alternately, he takes a step away.
"You need to go back to bed," he proposes to use a firm tone with me but it doesn't work. I view up at him, my own thoughts swimming in circles as I view the blood.