Chapter 37

(Shyanne's P.O.V)

It was dark outside and the ball room started filling with loads of people. Ashton clinged close to me gripping my hand tight every time a man even glanced towards me. His mother had dressed me up in a blue silk gown. She braided my hair all down my back and when I refused to put on make up she pouted until I finally agreed. "I have to say Ashton. Your wife looks very dashing" I heard a man say snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked up at the tall man as he wore his black mask covering his darkened eyes. "Ethan. How are you?" Ashton asked him releasing tight grip over my hand to shake the mans hand. I relaxed more as I slowly backed hoping he wouldn't catch me. I then bumped into a very hard object but soon feeling warm hands tightened around my hips. I turned around to catch myself gawking at this tall sexy ass man standing right over me.

His dark blue eyes flashed through his silver mask as he stood in front of me. "Have we. Um have we met before?" I asked him and he shook his head as he looked up. I looked over to see a pissed of Ashton walking directly towards me. He yanked my arm hard tugging me towards him. I flinched in pain as I looked back for the man but he was gone. "Come with me" Ashton growled tugging me up the stairs. He shoved me into a dark room shutting the door behind us. I fell to the ground as I crouched into a ball. I heard the door click as I heard his heavy footsteps walk towards me. I felt him grip my hair as I cringed in pain. "Look at me" he demanded as I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

"Who was that man you were talking to?" He asked. "I-I don't know I swear" I cried as he gripped my chin tightly. "You better be fucking telling the truth. I smelled mutt all over that man" He growled in anger. "Now Now. I didn't think I smelled that bad" that voice I heard caused my eyes to immediately snap over towards the door.

The mysterious man pulled off his mask which caused my heart to drop. "Xavier" I cried out looking up at him as my heart throbbed at the sight of him. "Don't you come any closer to her" Ashton growled as he squeezed his hand tightly around my throat. I choked gasping for air.

My heart raced out my chest as I fought for air. Tears fell clean from my face as I soon felt his grip release from my throat as I coughed inhaling deeply. I looked over to see Ashton knocked out and Xavier standing above me.

He held his hand out as I quickly grabbed his hand as I slowly stood up. He pulled me close to him as our faces were inches away from each others. "We have to go. Now" he told me instantly pulling away. He opened the window up from behind me. "You know how to jump right?" He asked me.

I furrowed my eyebrows together soon realizing why he would as such a stupid question. He yanked my arm pulling me forward. He quickly tightened a rope around us latching it to the railing of the house. "Ready?"he asked and I nodded hugging him close as we instantly dropped causing cold air to creep up my body. I shivered soon feeling that we had stopped. I opened my eyes to look around noticing we were in back of the house.

"We need to move fast" he told me quickly untying the rope and throwing it in a black bag that he grabbed from behind a bush. "Follow me" he said as he tugged on my arm keeping me close to him. He held a gun in his other hand. I noticed he had scars easily noticeable imprinted on his skin.

Soon we made it back to a huge black limo. He opened the car door slowly. "After you" he told me as I got in. He threw the black bag in soon getting in himself and slamming the door shut behind him. "Take us back to my hotel George please" he told the driver as he started the limo slowly driving off. I saw two angry men run to the back of the house obviously searching for me.

I felt Xavier put his hand on top of mine squeezing it gently. "You're safe now" he told me pulling me closer to him as I laid against his chest.

Am I safe? Will this end once and for all? Many questions ran through my mind. I cut them off relaxing my body soon drifting off to sleep.