Chapter Four

Anna happily strolled off of the elevator and down the hallway where the exam room was located. Samson followed closely behind, pulling out Lana's number and texting her.

Samson: Hey Lana...this is Samson. Just get back to me whenever. No rush.

As he was putting his phone back in his pocket it vibrated. He could feel his cheeks turning red and getting hot as he walked into the exam room.

"What's wrong with you?" Damien asked as he pulled his cheeseburger from the bag.

"Uncle sammie has a giiirrrllffrrriiieennnddd" Anna mocked as she took a bite of a chicken nugget.

Samson jokingly glared at her and smacked her arm before putting his phone back in his pocket. "She's not my girlfriend, silly. I don't even know her"

"The nurse? Huh. Who woulda thought" Damien said sarcastically as there was a knock at the door.

"So. Anna. I have good news and bad news" the doctor said as she sat on the spinning chair at the computer. She pulled up the MRI to explain.

"Mmm can we have good news and good news?" Anna asked.

The doctor chuckled, "You can see it as good news if you'd like. So the good-good news is that there is no lasting damage to the brain. You can see here it's healed nicely where the impact was," she said as she pointed to the spot where Anna's head still hurt, "and there are no new issues"

"So what's the bad news?" Damien asked as he squeezed Anna's hand.

"Well, unfortunately after a traumatic brain injury you can develop something called tremors. There isn't really any rhyme or reason to it, it just happens. However, there is, unfortunately, not much we can do about it other than see if they go away. I can prescribe a medication if it starts impacting your daily life, but the side effects are far worse than the tremors"

Anna sat and processed what she was just told. "So no more surgery or anything, but I'll shake like a chihuahua forever?"

That earned a chuckle from everyone in the room. The doctor responded, "No, not forever. Not likely forever, at least. They sometimes last a few hours to a few days, but they can be permanent. Only time will tell. But think of it this way. Your balance is much better, your memory is back to normal, your headaches are minimal, and your wound has healed nicely. Those are all good things, and I think that's what we should be focused on right now"

"Does that mean no more doctors?" Anna asked excitedly.

"Yes, that means no more doctors. UNLESS your balance starts reverting or you have any new issues. I think we can just do follow ups from now on"

"DID YOU HEAR THAT?! WOOHOO NO MORE DOCTORS!" Anna said excitedly as she stood up and did a little dance. "Oh, oops. Sorry. You're nice and everything but..."

"No worries at all, dear. I'm gonna get you some paperwork and then you're free to go. And again, happy birthday!" The doctor said her goodbyes and then left the room.

"So sweet pea. Have any fun birthday plans?" Samson asked. Anna climbed on his lap as they waited for their paperwork.

"I was gonna just lay in bed and watch cartoons but now that I know I'm okie I wanna do something!"

Damien interjected, "What if we go to Build a Bear? Although I don't know if anyone in here likes build a bear"

"DADDY ARE YOU KIDDING I LOVE BUILD A BEAR" Anna bounced up and down.

"Woah there horsey, remember you're on my lap" Samson groaned and breathed out in pain.

"Oops. Sowwy Sammy" Anna said and jumped off his lap as someone knocked on the door.

Samson began adjusting himself as Lana entered. "Hello, little one. You ready to go home?" Anna vigorously shook her head. "That's good then because I have some papers for your daddy and you're all set!"

Anna blushed, still not used to anyone actually knowing she was a little. It's okay though because Lana was nice and wouldn't judge. She was a domme after all.

"Thank you, Lana" Samson smiled at her and batted his eyelashes like a dorky teenager.

"Hey horndog, we'll be outside when you're done eyefucking the poor girl" Damien said as he took Anna's hand and walked out of the room.

"Daddy, language" Anna giggled. She and Damien made their way to the office lobby to wait for Samson.

"So" Samson smiled at Lana.

"So" she replied.

"Do you-" he began to say but Lana interrupted.

"Would y-oh sorry no you go" she blushed.

"Oh no. Okay. Um we are having a surprise birthday party for Anna tomorrow night and I was wondering if you're not busy" Samson hesitated and looked at the ceiling.

"I'd love to. Just text me the details" Lana smiled as she kissed Samson before leaving the room.

After composing himself, he met Damien and Anna in the lobby before the three of them headed back to their vehicles. They decided to all drive back to Damien's house to drop off Samson's car and allow Anna to change. Once they finished, they piled back into Damien's SUV and headed towards the large outdoor mall where Build a Bear was located. Anna was buzzing with excitement the whole time, barely able to take breaths between her excited squeals and talking.

They got to the mall and Damien opened Anna's child-locked door so she could get out. She huffed and hopped out of the backseat. Samson followed closely behind them with his phone in hand as he scrolled through Lanas Instagram.

They got to Build a Bear and Anna stood in the doorway basically vibrating. She squealed and bolted to the bins of unstuffed friends, excitedly saying how she wanted one of each. Luckily it was a Friday so the mall was quite empty and she was more comfortable being herself. As she sorted through the many bins lining the wall, one of the workers came up to the trio.

"Hey y'all! My name is August. Do you folks need any help finding a friend today?" They asked.

"I think she's good" Damien laughed as Anna was picking up each unstuffed stuffy telling it she loved it but couldn't pick it.

"I remember my first time too" august smiled as they looked at Anna.

"Oh, oh no no no" Samson laughed. This is not her first time here. You should see her room"

"You guys are so cute. Ugh. Well let me know when she's picked one and I'll help her stuff it!" They said as they grabbed their chest dramatically and poked out their bottom lip.

Samson and Damien looked at each other but shrugged it off. Anna ran over holding something behind her back.

"Did you pick one, sweet pea?" Samson asked as he pointed behind her.

"Yes. Well. No. Yes. I picked...." Anna looked at the ceiling awkwardly.

Damien raised an eyebrow at her, "Princess, what are you trying to say?"

"Okay well I have to get this bunny but I also have to get this froggy but I also have to get the pink bear so I have a proposition for you both" she said sounding sure of herself as she held the three things in front of her. "Daddy, you can get the froggy and give him to me for my birthday. Uncle Sammy, you can get me the pink bear and give her to me for my birthday. And then I can choose the bunny as my birthday present for myself"

Damien and Samson looked at each other and both started laughing. "You gotta admit, she's tenacious" Samson said as he shrugged.

"Oh, be a daddy, they said. It'll be fun, they said" Damien joked dramatically. Anna furrowed her brow in response and pouted. "I'm joking, sweetheart. I think that's a lovely plan"

"YAY" Anna yelled as she grabbed all three against her chest and skipped to the stuffing machine, where August helped her stuff each one. They even talked Damien into buying overalls for the bunny she picked out.

$126 later, the three of them left the mall and headed back towards Damien's house.