Crushing on You

**A/N: This is my first Harry Potter fanfic, so critique is welcome along with advice - as long as you're not rude about it. Please, enjoy!**

Remus had never felt so alive in his life. The wind in his face and the sense of flying was absolutely astounding; it took his breath away.

He had also never felt this terrified.

He clung to Sirius’s back desperately and thought to himself reassuringly, ‘It’ll be over soon. Sirius wouldn’t let you fall.’

Sirius then naturally decided to contradict Remus’s thoughts by taking a plunging dive towards the green grass of the Quidditch field. Remus did scream, if he was to be honest, and he could hear Sirius laughing at him despite the wind roaring loudly in his ears. Sirius only pulled the broomstick up when they were just inches away from the ground, and instead shot straight up, going upwards until the stadium grew small beneath them. He then proceeded to do a series of complicated loops and spins through the air. All Remus could do was cling to Sirius tightly until the animagus stopped imitating a rollercoaster.

As soon as they were flying at a relatively normal speed and gliding in a straight line, Remus loosened his grip and yelled; his voice slightly hoarse from screaming. “Sirius!”

Sirius winced dramatically and rubbed his ear, glancing at his passenger. “Geez, Moony, you’ve definitely got some lungs.”

Remus glared at Sirius’s back, upset. “Why did you do that?” he snarled.

 Sirius grinned mischievously, even though he knew Remus couldn’t see his face. “Do what? This?” He did another loop through the air, flying at a much faster speed. “Stop!” Remus yelled, whacking Sirius’s back.

Sirius slowed down and laughed, the punch obviously not very effective. Remus took a calming breath. “You can take me down now. I can’t believe I even agreed to do this with you.”

Sirius pretended that the comment didn’t sting a little and began to lower the broom. “You really need to loosen up. It was just a bit of fun.”

“I refuse to speak to you.”

Remus didn’t speak to him even when they had landed, instead gathering his books off of the ground and setting off towards the castle, practically radiating irritation. James watched his retreating back and turned to Sirius, smirking. “What’d you do to him this time?”

Sirius scowled at his best friend and hit his arm. “I just did a few loops and turns. He’s just overreacting.” The pair began to walk towards the castle. James slung his broom over his shoulder, and glanced at Sirius. “Moony hates flying, you know that. You’re lucky you even got him to come down here.”

Sirius couldn’t help but feel a little guilty for making Remus upset, but he sure as hell wasn’t going to tell James that. “We’ll work it out. For now, I’ve got to concentrate on the Potions homework.”

James rolled his eyes. “You mean you need to copy off of Moony’s homework.”

Sirius shoved James playfully, and the bespectacled teen stumbled slightly to the left, laughing. “You need to copy off of him too, so I suggest you stay quiet.”

They were soon bent over a table in the Gryffindor common room, stressing over the large amount of homework they had been assigned by Slughorn.

“How the hell am I supposed to know what two potions make a completely different one?” Sirius groaned, flopping himself back against Remus’s chair, where he was curled up with a book.

“Maybe you should start paying attention. Then you might know,” Remus said absentmindedly, turning a page in his thick book.

 Sirius did a mental fist pump. Remus was speaking to him again. “You could help me?” he asked hopefully, his lower lip jutting out in a pout. Remus peered at him over the top of his book. “No. Not after the broomstick incident.”