Chapter 7

It had been four days since Ezra and I spoke. I hadn't seen Tony either except for the occasional text. Nothing felt right after Ezra told me about the fire. I couldn't be with Tony without thinking of Ezra and how much you have to love someone to choose them over family. I felt trapped. I felt like I owed Ezra for what he did, but I couldn't just drop everything I started here. Tony didn't deserve that.

"Have a good weekend everyone, I'll see you Monday." Profesor Fitz said as his students made their way out. I was towards the front as I had learned to do after my first class. I didn't want to give him the opportunity to speak to me alone again. Sam had skipped which meant I was by myself with no one to distract me from the two hour long class I was stuck in. Ezra was intelligent and by far the greatest teacher I've ever had (and I say that from a totally unbiased view) but listening to him talk was overwhelming. They used to tell me in high school that whatever you're doing in English would go along with the stupid teenage drama that's in your life... apparently that doesn't change in college. Hearing Ezra talk about fate and the chances of bumping into your soulmate at an unexpected time made me nauseous. Part of me thinks he did it on purpose.

"Happy Birthday!" Tony and Sam yelled in unison as I walked outside.

"What's this?" I asked, looking at the balloons in Sam's hand.

"Your birthday surprise, duh!" Sam came over and hugged me, tying the balloon strings to my bag, "Okay well I'm gonna go get ready for tonight, see you later!"

Sam ran off and I glanced at Tony, "What is she talking about?"

"Your party. It's in my dorm at ten." he said, giving me a quick peck and taking the bag off my shoulder.

I checked my phone, "It's only six..."

He set my bag down and sat on the bench, patting the space next to him, "Well I have my own surprise planned, the party is more for Blake's benefit."

"Ah I see, well what are we doing for 4 hours?" I asked, sitting down beside him.

"Well first, we're gonna eat dinner."

I hadn't seen Tony in nearly a week and I was getting extremely lonely. Fucking hormones. "I prefer my dessert first..." I said, moving closer.

"Well we can eat your cake now if you like." he said, confused.

I shook my head.

"Well what are y-"

I cut him off, pressing my lips to his. Tony smiled and pulled away, "You little minx..."

I choked a bit, remembering that Ezra used to call me that. I brushed away the thought and went back to Tony, leaning in again. The recent distance in our relationship was bothering him as well considering how passionate our kiss was. We usually see each other daily. Tony was someone I never got sick of and tonight was going to be our night. I wasn't sure if it was the time we spent apart or just the fact that I was a hormonal college student but my mind was loving the idea of skipping dinner and heading straight for my room. I could feel that he had the same idea and quickly had to remind myself that we were in public. Tony broke away from my lips and moved to my neck as I tilted my head back. I bit my lip and ran my fingers through his hair, occasionally letting a gasp pass through my lips. The sound of a door brought me to open my eyes and see Ezra walking out of his lecture hall. Shit. Tony was laying kisses along my collarbone as Ezra locked his eyes with mine. My face dropped as I looked at him apologetically. Tony's mouth made its way back up my neck reaching my lips, pulling me away from Ezra.

I pushed Tony away gently, "Wait, stop." I looked over his shoulder but Ezra was gone.

"Aria? What's wrong?" He asked, looking behind him.