Chapter Two

Bellamy's P.O.V

I let out a high pitched scream, "What the bloody hell?"

It tilted its head at me; squinting its black holes for eyes, "Wait, Dawn..." It called, but it must have the wrong person.

Or perhaps the lack of medicine was causing me to hallucinate.

 I ran down the alley, passing the skeleton and making my way back on the course to my house.

I didn't stop until I busted through the front door. My mom wasn't home, the house completely silent besides my heavy breathing.

Racing to my room, I shakily fought the pill bottle open and swallowed the pill dry.

I just fucking saw a skeleton... a mini one at that. It was a bloody skeleton! There's something wrong, something was very wrong. 

I needed to get to the director.

The bottle slipped from my hands, falling to the ground and rolling underneath the space in between my bed and the floor. Much to my dismay, my headache only grew worse. I groaned, burying my face in my hands.

The pills just need time to kick in, just stay calm, just-

A scream ripped from my throat, raw like a wounded animal.

I was brought to my knees, shaking and squeezing my eyes shut as the pain exploded behind my eyelids.

How much time passed, I wasn't aware; but slowly, ever so slowly, the pain ebbed away.

I was in a bedroom. 

Familiar yet foreign.

Mine but....not.

 There was someone standing in front of me, but they were only a silhouette. Their body build hinted that it was a man. A man who held his hand out, the skeleton in the palm of it.

They were talking to each other. I tried focusing more on the silhouette rather than the skeleton but the pain was too much to handle. I blinked through tears, trying to press forward... the build and height was familiar...

My head felt like it was going to shatter into a million gory chunks. I caught sight of a marching band jacket. But not just any marching band jacket... the marching band jacket. Like the one that the man wore in my drawing. Also like the one the skeleton was wearing. Were they connected? Obviously, they were standing together right in front of me. 

So then... was this guy...

I felt paralyzed, unable to move as the shadows faded away into nothing.

I was alone once again.

I gasped as I sat up, regaining my breath, "Are you okay?"

"Fuck!" I shouted in shock. The little skeleton rested a tiny hand on my arm. I looked down at it, studying him intently. A glimpse of something passed in my mind but it was there and gone before I could even process it. It wasn't like a picture or anything, but a name. One that started with a C. I could've sworn that I had known this skeleton from somewhere, "I'm going crazy, as in off the charts bonkers."

It laughed, "Apparently you'll always say that after seeing me for the first time... again. Or, something similar to that."

I looked at it confused, "Where have I seen you before?"

All amusement left his face as he grew quiet, "You'll remember soon enough... You don't remember any of them do you? Or what happened?" It asked.

"Who are you talking about, and what do you mean? What happened?" It just moved away from me and climbed up onto my bed, pointing at the drawing of the man in front of a fire.

"His name is Gerard. Gerard Way. You have to find him," it said sadly.

A muscle in my arm jumped but I brushed it off, "What do you mean? I mean... why? How? He's not even real... just something that I drew," I asked curiously, adding the last bit more for myself. I sat down crisscrossed next to where he stood.

"Because... you're special, Dawn. You always were. Even before what the Director did to your head," he pointed and tapped at his own skull.

I shook my head, "I'm sorry but..." I laughed, "My name is Bellamy, sir. Not Dawn. You must have me mistaken for someone else," I reassured.

He just nodded his head, giving me a sad smile. I had plenty of questions to ask. I needed to know. Maybe those burdens in the very back of my head would come forward if I got more information from this skeleton but I was interrupted by my mom calling for me from the front door.

"Stay here," I ordered, getting to my feet.

The skeleton nodded, "I plan on it."

I turned, my fingers curling back into a fist as I searched for words to say. He perked up, saying, "Cornelius."

The named took a stab at my head, that was the C word that rushed through my mind.

"Right..." I said, disappearing into the hallway.