The Accident

We looked at each and thought about what happened. The events of the past 24 hours fresh in our minds. What has happened in the last 24 hours was going to come to haunt us in the days to come. We weren't sure who was targeting me, we only knew that they had something to do with the phoenix girl we met and that were powerful and resentful to my father. We think that they might have been sent by Satan to hunt us down and kill us, but why would he wait so long to do so? Anyhow, we were just tired of this and looked at each other and just plopped down on the floor and started to sleep. When we woke up we made breakfast and went out to go about our day. We went to the park to enjoy a run to keep our bodies in shape because of the people hunting me down. We were in the wooded part of the park so no one would disturb us when someone we knew jumped out of the bushes and surprises us. It was our ghoul friend we were supposed to have the meeting with a couple days ago. He didn't look too good, in fact he looked as if someone beat him up recently. He was currently sprawled on the ground too exhausted to get up and greet us.

"Hey guys. Um, just so you guys know I had no choice, so don't be mad at me they had my sister locked up and were gonna kill her. So um there may be someone trying to kill you or kidnap you I forgot which. But at least they haven't done so yet as I can see. Please don't kill me, you guys are my only friends!!!!"

We looked at each other then to Gage. We knew he was too easy to manipulate and they knew that too so we weren't too mad that our friend gave us up. We grab hold of his arms and help him up. He was grateful that we didn't just clobber or kill him right there as easy as it would have been. When he was up on his feet we got a good look at how badly he was hurt. We knew we had to do something to help the poor kid. We looked around before heading back to my house with Gage in tow. When we got there I unlocked the door and we gently laid Gage down on the couch/sofa so we could take care of his injuries. He was beaten to a bit of a pulp with some recent scratches and scrapes from running to us. He had a black eye, a broken nose, a gash on his forehead, some broken ribs, and an injured abdomen. We were surprised he ran to us with these injuries inflicted on him. He also smelled faintly of chloroform around his mouth and nose. We assumed that's how they kidnapped him to "talk" to him about me. When he was all bandaged up and fixed we asked him what had happened and what they wanted to know about me. We learned that they wanted to know how to get to me and how to stop me. We also learned that the day we were supposed to met up with him they had tracked him down and kidnapped him. He of course at first didn't say anything but after they found his sister and tied her up words flowed from his mouth. He was beaten up before his sister was kidnapped. Luckily when he started to talk they let his sister go without a scratch. She was only like 14 and I don't think the kidnappers wanted(?) to hurt her. So when they let her go Gage was happy. He didnt want to spill beans about us but he did bc he wanted to protect his sister. She was all he had left. His dad was killed 3 months ago by hunters and his mom had problems that left him and his sister to have to be by themselves and fend for themselves or they wouldn't survive. They had no one else in their family that could take them. So when he became friends with us he was quite happy that he could have some protection from other supernatural creatures as he was quite a scaredy cat. He is of a ghoul and they are quite low ranking in the supernatural creature spectrum. Ghouls don't really fight unless backed into a corner. They live off dead human flesh for shits sake! Most won't even try to kill. The worst they can do is bite you. We learned that Gage knew one of the kidnappers to be a phoenix. Another to be an incubus. The third to be a vamp. And the ring leader to be a demon. What were they after and why team up with unlikely matches? Incubi, succubi, and demons are of similar class. Vamps are of higher class and phoenix try to stay with their own as to not burn things or people or other creatures. So why be together in one kidnapping of a ghoul? Why search for me? Did my father do something to these specific individuals or their families? We didn't know any of those answers but we were gonna find out somehow.

*I don't know if wanted was the right term in that sentence* *also sorry I'm trying my damnest to update a bit of my stories idk when my next one will be but i will hopefully be back for a little* ~please no kill author-sama~